G1 Japanese Scale in cartoon?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Soundwave2, Sep 17, 2007.

1. Soundwave2

Soundwave2 Excitement! My Style!!!

News Credits:
    I'm watching some Masterforce/Victory episodes and I just thought about how big the brainmasters are compared to say, G1 characters like Jazz or Bumblebee.:confused:  or maybe how much difference in size there is between Optimus Prime and Star Saber. I'm thinking Overlord is about the same size as G1 gestalts, but then again, in Zone, Trypticon & Black Zarak are also of equal size, but they were considerably more bigger than G1 gestalts. Is there a size chart anywhere?

2. Prisoner1138

Prisoner1138 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Considering how inconsistent character sizes are even in the same episode, good luck trying get a real comparison, especially a chart.

3. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

TF scale, in G1? :lolol  :lolol  :lolol 

4. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

No size charts but I'd put Star Sabre as taller that G1 Optimus Prime. Star Sabre was shown being about the same size as God Ginrai (spoiler alert: becomes Victory Leo) Since Super Ginrai and Powermaster Prime are the same size and Powermaster Prime looks like a Giant in the Optimus poster, I'd put Star Sabre at being very huge by G1 season one standards, perhaps taller than Sky Fire or at least of equal size.

5. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
  6. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    the scale in the cartoon was wildly inconsistent, but it was prolly mainly to do with working with the small screen (fitting x numbers of character in a frame) and not just incompetency. this is apparent as the recent transformers: the ark book showed, an actual scale sheet used for character reference.

7. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Wielder of the Keyblade

The scale for the Beast Wars toys always pissed me off, even when I was younger. I would watch the show and see Dinobot towering over Optimus Primal then look at my toys and be like "Waaaiiiittt a minute!"

Yeah, just because he's the leader, doesn't mean he's the biggest :wink: 

8. Backscatter

News Credits:
    Actually the scale of Beast Wars in the show amused me. I never realized just how small they were until the visited the ARK. :lol 

On a different note, I was a little surprised at some of the responses. Long time fans know there's no true scale in either show or the figures but Soundwave2 just wanted a comarison of Victory and early G1. IMHO the Victory Bots would have been taller than G1 S1. Does anyone agree? :wink: 

9. Cax6ton

Cax6ton Insufferable Smartass

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:

Should have, would have, most scenes with Star Saber look like that's what you should be believing, but on closer inspection Victory is no different than the rest of G1 when it comes to size inconsistencies. Every character in Victory has grown and shrunk in order to fit the needs/setting of the episode.

Star Saber is routinely depicted as a huge robot and it looks like it's meant to convey that he's much larger than the old bots. SS may be the most consistent of the Victory bots (the rest vary wildly), but even he has changed size a few times, in both robot modes.

10. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

I'd say Saber is as tall as Optimus Prime.

Since Ginrai is as tall as Optimus Prime, and both Saber and Ginrai combine with their "excess luggage" into Star Saber and Super Ginrai respectively...however, God Ginrai is as tall as Star Saber...which would mean that Saber alone would actually be even taller than Prime or Ginrai.

Confusing!

11. SureShot90

SureShot90 Peace=superior firepower

Ebay:
    Bigger than Bumblebee, smaller than Fort Max. Hope that helps :) 

12. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Remember that Starsaber has three forms. The one you usually see inside the base is his smallest form, and is about the size of an average Transformer. His second is the Saber Jet form, which is a bit bigger. Maybe roughly Prime size. Lastly is his battle form. I would say it's around the size of a combiner, seeing as he's the same size as both Dino King, and Lio Kaiser. Of course Deathsaurus was this big to begin with. Same with Victory Leo.

To back this up, recall Zone. Victory Saber is the same size as Dai Atlas, and Dai Atlas is the same size as the Decepticon combiners.

13. Cax6ton

Cax6ton Insufferable Smartass

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    ...except that it didn't stay consistent....unless Star Saber always stayed the same size in his robot modes and the rest of the world changed size around him.....he's cool enough to pull that off.

14. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    I disagree. The Brainmasters - except Starsaber - should be roughly the same size as Jazz, Prowl and company.

Then, if we add the multiforce guys that feature even a space shuttle, scale goes to hell ... just like in every other TF series.

-airfox

15. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

Multiforce shuttle = tiny.

Galaxy Shuttle = HUEG.

16. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    We all know that. Still doesn't mean he wouldn't have an official height.

17. CrockAlley

CrockAlley Gween donkey! Mine!

I thought his smallest form was human-sized, like a powermaster or headmaster. I've never seen the cartoon, so I wouldn't know.

18. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    EDIT

19. Backscatter

News Credits:

Yep, Star Sabre has a 'master' figure as his smallest form but it only made an appearance during the transformation. Brainmaster masters must be extremely vulnerable.

20. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    His Saber Jet form is the one they never use. I have no idea why, but they made his brain master body look just like their battle mode, only with a different head.