G1 is "just a toy commercial" Appreciation Thread!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Born 2B Alive!, Jun 11, 2012.

1. Born 2B Alive!

Born 2B Alive! Director Of Entertainment

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    After years of reading on every Transformers website that was ever created the following.... "Gen. One Transformers is nothing but one long toy commercial." I have decided to point out that that is why it should be embraced with greatness!
    First of all... Was there something wrong with the toys? Secondly I for one loved the toy commercials! The animation at the start of every Transformers toy commercial especially 1985-1986 was second to NOTHING! I always considered those animated clips as some of the greatest things in the whole Transformers Universe. I wish the entire series would have been drawn with that high of quality. Anyway, does anyone else see it this way? You say G1 is just a toy commercial.... I say damn right! And Im' glad it was.

2. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    Technically every Transformers series, movie, clip and comic since then is a toy commercial :)  But I agree, it's a damn good one at that.

3. Not the guy

Not the guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It may be a toy commercial but at least you could point to the tv (or now the pc screen) and see your guy in action.