G1 Influence and Speculation

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by er4smiths, Dec 29, 2009.

1. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    You can't tell me that geewunners don't receive the same from the haters. After all, the term "geewunner" was coined, wasn't it?

Yeah like I said- people hate Geewunners because geewunners aren't like them. Geewunners are pretty much attached to G1, and the haters think they should spread their affection to other series.

Geewunners just have the incorrect opinion, that's all.

It's perfectly acceptable to say that Beast Wars was the best quality / written show.
    And, when Animated ended it was chic to sit in ashes wearing sackcloth, pounding your chest, wailing... or to gather in cathedrals or public parks in groups, lighting candles and hugging each other in mourning of its cancellation.

Any version of Transformers can be your favorite- except G1. It's a no-no.

Actually, don't ever dare state that G1 is your favorite. Ever. Or want new episodes or issues of G1. Or hope that a new cartoon is G1 based. Or hope this game is G1 based. Or want a G1 movie for that matter.

That would be... intolerable and... insensitive towards those who don't feel the same way.

2. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    It's not liking G1, or even liking G1 the best that makes one a "Geewunner." It's saying that G1 is objectively the absolute best, and that anyone that likes any other generation, incarnation, or concept of Transformers after G1 is a mental case, and needs to be put down to cleanse the gene-pool so that the true fans can swim in peace.

The term has been thrown around rather loosely in recent years, so the original meaning is starting to lose it's er... meaning.

3. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    I would like to see some examples of that.

4. hupla

hupla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    See the alt.transformers board during the beast era and this very forum when we first heard about the movie.

5. Radioactive Ravage

Radioactive Ravage Ancient

G1 sucks, lawls.

Need I say more? Very well.

Each Transformers series has had its respective flaws, and they are all equally as good/bad because of it. Except Robots in Disguise- because Skybite is both a flaw and an amazing positive, thus leaving RiD in a state of limbo.

6. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Robots In Disguise
    stuck in a state of limbo
    flaw and amazing

7. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Maybe this will FINALLY get that godforsaken thread back on topic.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2010
  8. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    I have no idea why video game threads attract so many of the worst kind of internet user, the negative OTT speculative bullshit kind.

Just sayin'

9. redoptics

redoptics Banned

this is a "prequel" meaning its a story based on things we have already had. if this was new it would be just a new fresh start the use of the word "prequel" would of not been used. to me its g1 back in the days........

10. enkidoamark

enkidoamark Well-Known Member

I don't care if they call this a new continuity. It looks compatable with G1 and even if the story turns out not to be, I'm digging the look and general Geewunyness of it. I would love them to "update" G1 and bring it back to the front of the current fiction, but that's not necessary for me to love it if the story is good.