G1 hound ???

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by spikex, Dec 5, 2009.

1. spikex

spikex Nightbird is my bitch

Alright, I get home from work in five days. When I get there I plan on picking up a misb g1 hound and want to do some research on him. Thus I come to you good folks for some info. Here's my queries:
    1) did they make a ko of him? I have heard they didn't but I'd like some reassurance.
    2) what is his going price? The lady is selling it for $400 and I intend on working her down to $300-$350. It might be tough tho, I've dealt with her before and she is a shrewd haggler. Keep in mind that this is in Canadian funds so it should be a little less than the prices you guys are used to.
    3) does anyone have any storage tips to keep the box minty? I have handled it before and it is pristine, I'd like to keep it that way.
    Thanks for any help you guys may send my way!

2. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
  3. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

Unless you a fan of MISB's, I'd see if you can get a reissue. They would be a lot cheaper.

That said, as much as I loved Hound as a kid, the toy was disappointing. Great vehicle mode but the bot is a real brick. Arms are quite short.

No way I'd pay hundreds for it. I paid 72 euros, slaggin' overpriced Forbidden Planet.

4. *Soundwave*

*Soundwave* Derp

News Credits:
    do NOT pay that much for Hound.

nuff said

5. Nemesis_Dirge

Nemesis_Dirge Banned

News Credits:
    you can grab the ehobby repaint of hound on ebay for around $50 to $60....

6. spikex

While not being a real fan of misb, I do like the idea of having a misb g1, call it nostalgia if you will. The idea of getting a reissue is kind of moot as I have a loose hound, its more the thought of a misb g1 that gets me going. Still mulling over the idea. Thanks alot for the info guys.

7. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    its a MISb G1...maybee it should cost 50...

a real advise...check ebay and see if any listing has ended and what they are for.

I hav eno clue what MISb G1 goes for, it really depends alot on the box. if the item is flawless and could score a high AFA rating the the price would be high.

8. spikex

The box is completly flawless. It still has a minty price tag on it from eaton's. Looks like it just came off the shelves back in '84. Iv been told by some who have seen it that it's not a bad price.

9. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    If it's a Canadian box, it's worth less than an American box in the same condition.

No offense is meant to any Canadians, but collectors will generally pay more for a box that's English-language only.

10. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    another valid point.

11. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Who decides that? Just curious.

12. wildfly

News Credits:
    I spent quite a few years collecting sealed examples from several different toy lines.

Generally i found that English-only examples would sell for higher amounts than bi-lingual or multi-lingual examples of what was the same toy with fairly small differences in packaging.

I'd *guess* people tend to reject packaging with anything but English because that's not how they remember the toys back in the days when they could buy them at retail, perhaps because they simply regard extra languages as clutter.

Can't explain it exactly, but i do strongly believe the language(s) on the package represent a potential factor in the aftermarket value of a toy.

Being the Internet, people who want to disagree will do so.

13. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    This makes sense to me, that said those in other countries might prefer the Original packaging they remember from their childhood, so its possible that a Canadian package for example might have it best value if sold in Canada as opposed to sold in the US.

Now i could be way off as well, but in other collectibles and antiques its often observed that and item will fetch the highest prices in the area of its origin

14. wildfly

News Credits:
    I think that's a good way of putting it. I'd imagine that America is probably the single largest market for Sealed G1 toys, so on that basis, English-only packaging, is likely to be preferred.

15. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    agreed