G1 Hound Question

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by johnchow604, Oct 3, 2012.

1. johnchow604

johnchow604 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    After a couple of decades, I found my G1 Hound but I can't figure out two things:

1) In robot mode, how do get the missile launcher onto his shoulder? The instructions say just to "set the missile launcher on shoulder"->1984 G1 Hound - Transformers Instructions Database. But, I don't see how. There is nowhere to clip it onto him.

2) Hounds arms don't go all the way down. It's blocked by the front tires. I thought I pushed the tires all the way back, but I still can't get the arms down like it is in this picture -> http://www.angelfire.com/ny5/reminator3/imagestf/hound/Houndrob1.jpg. Maybe the arms or tires extend out?

Anyone knows the answer to either question?

2. turboedguy

turboedguy minibotologist

News Credits:
    The answer to both questions is that the arms extend out when the tires fold back. It will allow an area for the launcher to clip in, and the arms will then fold down.

[​IMG]

I need to dust my figures...

Last edited: Oct 3, 2012
  3. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^this, also, the strut the wheel is on has a spiral shaped part, the arms come out while the tire goes back, but it doesn't work the best

4. johnchow604

johnchow604 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    turboedguy, thanks for the pic! I see now something is up with my Hound. Funny, my Hound looks as dusty as yours, except you've maintained your stickers better.

brr-icy, that's good info on the strut. When I pushed the tires back, the arms don't come out. I'll try manually pulling them out.