g1 hotrod pink

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by g1er, Feb 27, 2012.

1. g1er

g1er Well-Known Member

hi there im a hot rod fan and i always wanted him when i was a kid i have the old catalouge still and i see the photos of him were pink as he should be in the movie not burgendy.

i have a reissue but i wondered if any g1 toys were released in pink as i notice the originals have pink on the side flame stickers but the reissues have red instead.

any help appreciated id sooner have him pinky than red an ehobby reissue with white fists grey legs and a pink body would be good to see.

i can dream.

2. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Only Hot Rod could pull of the Magenta look that well.

3. Killa-B-Killed

Killa-B-Killed Material Handler

The pink is the color of the G1 prototype, there are a couple floating around.

4. Neekotron

Neekotron We're in Ratbat Country!

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    You could always commission a Radicon to make one for you as well... :thumbs2: 

5. g1er

g1er Well-Known Member

cool id love to get hold of a prototype, see i remember my mates being pink and i loved it, i was disapointed with the red one just dont look wild enough, i know its based off the comic design more but i prefer the movie look its what i grew up with.

im new to this forum only just starting to use it. whos radicon. cheers rob

6. Neekotron

Neekotron We're in Ratbat Country!

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    The Radicons are fantastically talented artists that make custom Transformers. Check out the Radicon section to see some amazing customs and perhaps you can find someone there to actually make one for you if the proto is too difficult/expensive to get your hands on.

7. g1er

g1er Well-Known Member

cool well im a model maker myself so i guess i could customise one for myself, but i will check out the radicons as i understand that the moving parts on transformers can make painting difficult with chiping paint and such. i wonder if you could dye the plastic a different color ? hmm.

and anyone got photos of prototype hotrod, how many were made, cheers rob

8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Actually both the movie and comics were based off the toy, however as said the movie drew the colours from prototype and the comics back then had a limited amount of colours to use.

Painting G1 toys isn't that hard because of how simple they are. The only really thing to note when painting Transformers is to sand the joints and other contact areas so the paint isn't rubbed off from standard movement. And the issue with dying is you can only dye to a darker colour.

9. beanman

beanman Not a Decepticon

News Credits:
    Seconded for pics of the prototype...

10. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    third in line for pink Hotrod. :D 

11. g1er

g1er Well-Known Member

cool thanks for the history on the comics and cartoon origins with the toy, i was not aware of that, there is so much stuff to g1 id say its hard to know all of it. sadly being in the uk i dont have much access to comics either, i used to get them in the 80s when i was a kid then one day there was nothing. i really need to read up seems ive missed alot.

12. g1er

g1er Well-Known Member

i was wondering whats the chances of us guys on here putting a petition or vote out to take to someone like ehobby saying that there are many of us that would like to too see a reissue exclusive pink catalougue accurate hotrod. sure would be a dream come true for a lot of big kids out there including my self, id take 3 of them.

13. Killa-B-Killed

Killa-B-Killed Material Handler

I dont want to throw anyones name out there, but SPACEBRIDGE has a pink proto HotRod!!!!!

Hope that was subtlle:) 

14. g1er

g1er Well-Known Member

spacebridge has one, im new around here are you suggesting i could buy one from somewere. pm me if you have info please. cheers rob

15. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy

News Credits:
    I always loved the pink/magenta one in the catalogues.

Randy

16. Laservampire

Laservampire Well-Known Member

I hope he turns up with photos :D 

17. Jaicen

Jaicen Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I DEMAND that he turn up with good photos.

You can put me down for a pink reissue for sure!
    Thing is, I was never sure what colour he should be, because I was ~5yrs old when I saw the movie in cinemas, and subsequently only had VHS copies which were always poor quality, colours different from one scene to the next.

18. g1er

g1er Well-Known Member

yep they did mess with his colours, in the movie his colours were main body pinky, body highlighted with brownish red parts on head lights and waist. orange and yellow flames, for bonnet waist back and legs, white face hands, blue windows, and his lower legs were a very dark purple almost grey, look at the fishing scene. after that he was in the shows sometimes pink, burgendy and towards the end, red like battle in space pack,

yes lets hope for a pink reissue of the catalog one, or a pink one like the movie with dark purple grey legs.

19. scubaboy31

scubaboy31 Digital Gypsy

News Credits:
    this is why I bought the Takara MP Rodimus. I love that he has the show accurate magenta. I've waited so long for a toy in those colours! I'd totally go for a G1 Hot Rod though, maybe I'll customise one.

20. g1er

g1er Well-Known Member

yep i have the takara one, and i didnt find many problems with him i took a dremel to the back pack pack area inside and now its solid, i had a foot problem though this seems to be cured now, i spend some time wereing in teh joints as id almost give up, now he transforms smooth and solid quick and easy, at first i was handling it with kid gloves but the solution is to not be frightened of it, i got the hasbro one too and love them both but i prefer the pinky color movie one,
    i hope for a generations simple but movie accurate hotrod, i love the classics one but it just dont look right, the head is the biggest let down and the orginal g1 car desighn is so sexy so much so that one day when i can afford it im gonna get a real car made with a body like hot rod it will probably concided with when i have a midlife crisis. 27 now so not long to go, im getting nervous of being 30. seems like 5 mins since it was 1987 and i was at school and everyone was bringing in transformers and lunch time was play time, epic transformers battles were played on the field on the playground and at each others houses with base formers such as metroplex scorponok and micro master bases linked together as autobot city with pretenders and movie transformers and headmasters everywere, man it was fun, we didnt bother with the lack of poseabillity we had imagination rugged toys that you could play with and the fun was how quick you could transform, i used to take my powermaster prime everywere with me and my pretender bumblebee, so long ago but in my mind im still there what a happy place. g1 rocks!