G1 Headmasters

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Wheeljack30, Apr 23, 2011.

1. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

We saw The Autobots defeating The Decepticons and They Bots left. But what ever happened to Autobot City and The Autobots and The Decepticons from Headmasters when Masterforce started? And whats the time gap between the Headmasters and Masterforce?

Thanks

2. StrifeZ

StrifeZ Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    As I recall, the Autobots picked up and left to fight the Decepticons in a primary space-war, and access to Earth was largely cut off by the destruction of Autobot and Decepticon space bridges in Headmasters. So Autobot City was probably abandoned or (more likely) dismantled. Rodimus Prime may have found the planet that would be Micro / Zone in that time.

As for why Masterforce takes place, I think there is debate between it either beeing a year or two after Headmasters or a year or two before Victory, which takes place in 2025 (14 years after Headmasters)

3. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

So the Bots and Cons from Headmasters where destroyed aswell? Do they even mention or know about Headmasters in Masterforce?

4. StrifeZ

StrifeZ Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    No they all just left Earth.

As I recall, the Autobot / Transectors in Masterforce were sent there because Fortress Maximus was concerned about the lingering Decepticons.

5. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

If they left earth and did a primary space war what happened to them afterwards since they havents showed up in Masterforce

6. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    The Cybertronian war, as all other large-scale conflicts, has many different theaters. Troops fighting in one theater don't always get to meet up with their comrades in other theaters.

7. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Let me just quote directly from TFWiki, here:

8. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    Tfwiki pretty much has answers to most questions you have.

9. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

@ Chris McFeely, did Optimus Prime knew that The Autobot Pretenders were hidden secretly on Earth? And did both Prime and Megs knew that Devil Z was beneath the ocean?

10. Chris McFeely

News Credits:
    Certainly, they didn't know about Devil Z. There's no real indication one way or the other whether or not they knew about the Pretenders, but probably not, since they didn't recruit them to DO anything during the twenty-five years they spent on the planet.

11. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

You think The Autobots Pretenders knew that their was war going on on Earth from 1984 to 2011? And so none of the G1 Headmasters Bots and Cons were in Masterforce?

12. Chris McFeely

News Credits:
    I'd say it would be impossible for the Autobot Pretenders to NOT know about it, since Prime and co. were appearing on television and fighting very publically!

The only Headmasters characters who appear in Masterforce are Chromedome and Fortress, and even then, they only appear in recorded messages on viewscreens.

13. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

I have a question for you Chris, wasnt Masterforce originally intended as a separate continuity , and only added to the G1 series after it started running?

14. Chris McFeely

News Credits:
    Can't say as I've ever heard that. Chromedome appears as early as the fourth episode, so the connection is there practically from the beginning. Certainly, though, it was viewed as a "fresh start" that wanted to separate itself from the "ongoing" flow that had run through from G1 to Headmasters.

15. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Thanks.

The info I have read over the years is conflicting, so I hoped you had a definitive answer.

16. Gaastra

Gaastra Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    From what i read both chromedome and the trainbots were going to show up at the end fight to help. They were send by rodimus to help end the masterforce wars.

They were cut out of the script but trainbots still show up in the intro and that's why chromedome is in the show early. It's a shame they didn't get to show up.

17. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

Rodimus was still leader when masterforce started?

18. Chris McFeely

News Credits:
    No, that's definitely wrong - Fortress was supreme commander at the time. The idea that the Trainbots were going to have some kind of larger role in the series is probably correct, though, since they DO appear very briefly in the opening credits (again, another indicator that, despite its "fresh start" approach, Masterforce wasn't a "new continuity" or anything like that). I've never heard of plans for them to appear in the finale, though, and indeed, that sort of attitude runs contrary to how Japanese TF cartoons tend to work - if there are appearances to be made by previous cast members, they'll come early on, and will gradually be phased out as time goes on (witness the steady disappearance of almost all of the US G1 characters as Headmasters continues, the total non-appearance of anyone in Masterforce, and God Ginrai's recreation as Victory Leo in Victory).

19. Gaastra

Gaastra Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I forgot were i read about it but from what i read they were going to show up but was dropped. I heard the masterforce manga still had the scenes however.

Fortess was commander while rodimus was looking for a new planet. Rodimus even still had the matrix. The manga even had him return at the end.

He more or less was a "fill in" leader. It didn't matter however as star saber takes over later.

20. Chris McFeely

News Credits:
    Except that what little ancillary material there is indicates that Fortress remains Supreme Commander during Masterforce - TV Magazine's "Master File" prose booklet describes him as still in charge during the "Master Wars" prior to the start of Masterforce (after Rodimus's return at the end of the HM manga), and in the MF cartoon itself, it is he who sends a message to the Autobots on Earth to warn them of BlackZarak's movements in space. It is made explicit that he's still leader in the Masterforce manga (which is a separate continuity to the TV series), in which he actually steps down and appoints Ginrai the new Supreme Commander in his place. There's no indication that Rodimus retook the mantle upon his return - his carrying the Matrix means nothing in Japan, where there have been more leaders who DIDN'T carry it than ones who did (Optimus and Rodimus did, but Fortress, Ginrai, Star Saber and Dai Atlas didn't).