G1 Grimlock vs BEAST WARS Dinobot

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by QLRformer, Apr 2, 2012.

1. Wu Jen

Wu Jen Some old nobody

Grimlock G1
    Bio: Most fearsome and powerful Dinobot. Although dedicated to the Autobot cause, resents authority. Cold, merciless, but a valiant warrior. Has contempt for the weak, including all humans. Great strength, uses jaws to break almost anything in two. Carries energo sword and galaxial rocket launcher in Dinobot mode. Other than arrogance and lack of speed, has no real weakness.

Tech Specs chart for Grimlock.
    Strength:10 Intelligence:7 Speed: 3 Endurance: 10 Rank: 9 Courage: 10 Firepower: 8 Skill: 10

Dinobot BW
    Bio: As if torn from the pages of earth's prehistoric past, a vicious velociraptor breathes again! But Dinobot is no ordinary 'raptor, he's a robot in disguise battling beside his heroic teammates, the Maximals! Armed with a spinning cyber-slash tail weapon and always hungry for battle, Optimus Primal considers him a natural combat expert who has clawed his way to the top one victory after another!

Tech Specs chart for Dinobot.
    Strength: 8 Intelligence: 5 Speed:9 Endurance: 5 Rank: 6 Courage: 9 Firepower:6 Skill: 6

Strength:10 Intelligence:7 Speed: 3 Endurance: 10 Rank: 9 Courage: 10 Firepower: 8 Skill: 10
    Strength: 8 Intelligence: 5 Speed:9 Endurance: 5 Rank: 6 Courage: 9 Firepower:6 Skill: 6

Grimlock +2 Strength, +2 INTELLIGENCE!!, -6 Speed, +5 Endurance, +3 Rank, +1 Courage, +2 Firepower, +4 Skill

Sorry but hands down G1 Grimlock, Stronger, Faster, SMARTER, more endurance, better firepower and more highly Skilled? No Contest!!

Me Grimlock no bozo, me KING!

Edit: Even going off Grimlocks BW card.
    Tech Specs chart for Grimlock.
    Strength:8 Intelligence:7 Speed:7 Endurance: 5 Rank: 5 Courage: 9 Firepower: 6 Skill: 7
    vs

Grimlock +2 INTELLIGENCE (Dinobot is just a moron compared to Grim's intellect no matter the incarnation!), -2 Speed, +1 Skill
    Grimlock's still smarter, more skilled just never as fast as Dinobot.

Best thing that can be said for 'ol Dinobot is that he is fast. Just ask Blur how that fast thing works out!

2. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

Well, you got me there. :) 

And that's even assuming that the Beast Wars 10-point stat scale is directly comparable to the G1 10-point scale... which I doubt it is.

Grimlock still outclasses him flat-out. And you make a good point in the process... I hear a lot of people talking about how "cunning" Dinobot is. As I recall from watching Beast Wars, he was never actually all that bright. I mean, not an imbecile like 90% of Predacons on that show, but not exactly the sharpest pencil in the case either.

zmog

3. jciggy

jciggy Scout-1

BW Dinobot

Dinobot is just more use to the form. He'll shoot first then continue the attack. In the show he dodges flips and tries to avoid damage.
    He will utilize his Sword, Tail twirling shield, and his eye beams.

Grimlock is use to being a heavy hitter in combat. He wont know his limits he'll take hit's he cant afford to take.
    The new Raptor mode is slim fast and less durable.
    If he realizes he can shoot through his eyes, He will shoot just as cover fire until he can leap into a close combat hand to hand style of fighting. He may have a sword in every Genre but it is rare to see him use it.

This fight would be like a Boxer (Dinobot) vs a Grappler (Grimlock).
    Grimlock only wins if he gets Dinobot grappled down, and Grimlock hasnt taken too much damage.

4. HereticalHeresy

HereticalHeresy Decepticon

News Credits:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Dinobot vs. G1 Cartoon Grimlock? Grimlock wouldn't stand a chance.

Dinobot vs. G1 Comic Grimlock? That would be a fight too close to call...

5. Mobb One

Mobb One Godmaster

News Credits:
    inaccurate analogy. A striker (boxer in your proposal) will only win when he lands the last hit...i.e. a knock out blow. Anyway who has taken boxing (and I have) knows that a knock out blow is incredibly hard to land against a taller (longer reach), heavier, more durable opponent.

A grappler needs to only close the distance and then take the opponent down to the floor, where the striker is completely out of his element. meanwhile all dinobot is doing is taking pot shots that isn't doing much damage...especially if grimlock is in t-rex form. not to mention dinobot is several times smaller than grimlock. I see less of him grappling and more of him punting dinobot. this means the only thing dinobot can do is keep it a ranged battle, which grimlock can match with his blaster and fire breath. Dinobot can only fight ranged while in bot mode. Grimlock can do range in both modes.

Grimlock wins.

6. Ironhide1706

Ironhide1706 Elessar Telcontar

G1 Cartoon Grimlock vs Dinobot = probably Grimlock, based on sheer size, power and endurance.

Marvel Comic Grimlock vs Dinobot = Dinobot would get fucking slaughtered.

7. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So, this thread got necroed because some people don't remember how tiny Maximals and Predacons are? That's nice.

8. Spin-Out

Spin-Out Well-Known Member

Dinobot took down all seven Predacons on Earth, including friggin' Rampage, the second-most powerful Pred in the series (Only TM2 Megs was more powerful). Smart money's on Raptor Jesus.

Plus, Big Grim already has a Beast Wars toy, so they'd be on more even footing (Even if IDW made Beast Wars Grimlock a bit bigger).

9. Jazz1992

Jazz1992 Adult Toy Collector....that came out wrong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Grimlock kicks butt

Enough said

10. T-Logicon

T-Logicon assembles the drones

It would be an interesting battle. I'd be surprised if grimlock lost though. He's virtually unstoppable in t-Rex mode.

11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    He'd probably get duped out of it by Dinobot. Dinobot fathoms the ramifications of time and fate when the two concepts collide, Grimlock probably can't even spell "time."

12. Spiderbite

Spiderbite Well-Known Member

13. AAarcher221

AAarcher221 NomDePlume: Jimmy Rustler

This.

14. Asher Tye

Asher Tye Cassetticon

Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Pinterest:
    There is a class of power you just can't defend against. I'll give Dinobot the edge in speed and intellect, but unless he can end the fight quickly (and he's proven to have problems with that) it'll turn into a war of attrition and Grimlock has the raw power and ferocity to win that hands down. What I'd really like to see if the carnage that occurs when they team up on whoever was dumb enough to put them in each others path.

Ironically, I think the way this question was asked is what kills Dinobot's edge in tactical ability. If it had been who would win between BW Dinobot and the G1 Dinobots as a unit, I'd... still give ultimate victory to Grimlock, but not before Dinobot neutralized most of his team. And even then the victory might not be wholly one sided.

15. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

IF it were 30 Dinobots versus Grimlock, yeah Dinobot all the way. One on One?

Grimlock, and anyone saying otherwise is letting personal love for Dinobot get in the way of rational thought.

16. CelticMutt

CelticMutt Baka Mitai

Depends on which Grimlock. Sunbow Grimlock you're right; Marvel and FoC/Prime Grimlock are about as smart as Dinobot, though not as philosophic.

17. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Using one of the least thought-out takedowns in Transformers history only hurts the Dinobot-leaning argument. I could show you the issue when Omega Supreme debuted, where he took down Buzzsaw and several others by himself.

18. bigevil801

bigevil801 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Me Grimlock ....BADASS

19. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Depends if Grimlock has Furman Armor or not

20. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    That's too broad. There are two Sunbow Grimlocks; the S1/S2 version who was a decent combatant and willing to kick Unicron's ass in the most literal way possible, or the S3 version who was nothing but comic relief. The former, while certainly still dumber than Dinobot, occasionally showed some grasp of strategy once in a blue moon and could endure dinobot's tatics and attacks long enough to figure out the smaller guy's tricks. The latter would trip over his own feet if he saw something shiny on the ground.

That too.