G1 Grimlock question

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Jeremy.B, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Formerly Leader Blackout TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Hey guys, I am starting to build up my G1 collection, and starting with the dinobots (thanks macabremouse!). I won a G1 Grimlock at an ebay auction last week, and got him in today, but not as mentioned. That part of the discussion can be saved for the ebay forum. However, my issue is with his arms in robot mode.

When I transform him to robot mode, his arms are VERY loose - they just hang down. No posing, no nothing. Is this common? The seller has been very gracious and is offering a refund, but the price was so good and the rest of him is, I am not sure.

Is there anything that can be done about this and his somewhat floppy chest? I have tried tightening the screws, to no avail....

Looking to my experienced G1ers for assistance!
    Thanks!
    J

2. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

That not suppose to happen and why you got such a good price on him. On mine his arms are real stiff and hold up with his sword in hand.

3. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    My G1 Grimlock does the same thing. It's just been very well-used.

4. Jeremy.B

News Credits:
    Yeah, the girl that sold it to me apologized and said she would refund me the full amount. I only paid about 30 shipped, but he is complete...all guns, missiles, launcher, techspec, etc.

5. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    I remember mine doing that as a kid. My step-dad took the arms off, and put scotch tape around the post that they are screwed to, and put the arms back on. Worked like a charm and you would never know the difference if you hadn't seen him do it.

also $30 is a smoking deal for that toy. IMO

6. Jeremy.B

News Credits:
    Hmmm, great idea. What did he do, just loop it around the peg where the screw screws into? Also, yeah, it was a GREAT find on Ebay. I think I will keep it, cause the chrome is great and other than the arms, the figure is in great shape. Just needs some reprolabels....

7. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

For 30 bones that pretty good (since he's complete). I think I could live with it. I don't think I'd have the guts to ask for a refund or complain.

8. Jeremy.B

News Credits:
    Yeah, I just contacted her today, and asked her because the condition said GREAT. But I gotta leave positive feedback, because she was so cool. Also, the more I look at it, the more I can live with it! My dinobot is complete except for replacing a C7 slag and needing a snarl.

9. SureShot90

SureShot90 Peace=superior firepower

Ebay:
    you could also put some clear polish on the plastic inside, then you get a very thight joint again, i do that all the time to get rid of loose limbs. And $30 for a complete Grimlock is a bargain... he usually goes for the double and a bit more.

10. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    Yeah, basically he used tape to widen the peg so there was no play anymore. I ended up using if for other figures later in life.

11. Pasaway

Pasaway Well-Known Member

awsome trick, I just tried it on a G2 Grimlock I just got off EBay, works great. Just don't put too much tape on, adds up pretty quick. Much better then having to buy another scrap grimmy just to part a good one together. THANKS