G1 Galvatron's power level

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Seeker, Nov 12, 2008.

1. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    I really think the statement that Galvatron is Megatron x 100 is a bit much. I mean if he was that powerful he would not need the decepticon army, he would kill all of the Auotbots himself. In my universe he is stronger
    and has more firepower than his previous form, I would say he is 50% to twice as powerful than his past incarnation. Of course Galvy in my verse isn't insane anymore also. Thoughts?

2. NemesisBruticus

NemesisBruticus Banned

Its over 9000.

3. SkywarpsNipples

SkywarpsNipples ホンマおもろい人やね〜

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

Perhaps?

4. Sideways

Sideways Banned

beat me to it!

5. CdnShockwave

CdnShockwave The Prince of Poses TFW2005 Supporter

Damnit! Beat me to it.

6. DiamondHead

DiamondHead HUH?

News Credits:
    If were talking about The Universe Figure version of Galvatron he excels in the following areas:
    Arms falling off 10/10
    left leg falling off 10/10
    Ability to stand on own two feet -100/10
    I'd be insane too with the amount of problems this guy has,but he looks cool as hell.

7. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What's with the "over 9000" joke guys? And yeah, me thinks he should not be so overpowered.

8. Malikon

Malikon Well-Known Member

*wonders why everyones Galvatron seems to fall apart*

I've had no problems with mine, he's a great toy. His legs only rotate one way, there's a stop in them. If you rotate them the wrong way they'll pop off.

9. DiamondHead

DiamondHead HUH?

News Credits:
    I know eh,I thought it would never happen to me but low and behold 20 seconds out of the box his arm fell off

Edit:
    To keep this on topic,his limbs fall off cause he is too powerfull

Last edited: Nov 13, 2008
  10. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    My personal take on Megatron is already pretty powerful. I personally validate the gun mode by having it draw power from the Spark of the one holding him as well as his own reserves - so if someone with a strong desire to destroy and a pure Decepticon Spark fires him, the effect is much stronger than a weak Decepticon not fully commited to the cause. It's how I justify Starscream being kept around even though he is treacherous - his own desire to succeed is as strong as Megatron's own, resulting in some powerful, kill them in a couple of hits blasts.

I also gave Megatron the ability to link up to the black hole like in the comics for a further power boost. Because, you know, he's that badass.

Now, Galvatron. I personally don't go for the "direct power up" thing, at least not on Classics / Universe. The way that I think of him, he's more of a sidestep. His basic power level is higher, but he cannot boost it by turning into a gun and drawing off the power of the one holding him. So he's weaker in that respect, although his basic power is still much higher.

What I have given him is:

1) Brute strength. If Megatron is a 10, Galvatron is easily 10+. He's stronger. Faster. Megatron would put a dent in someone with a good punch, Galvatron would put his fist through them.
    2) Berserker mode. Galvatron is insane, with fleeting moments of clarity. At his most utterly insane, he starts tearing things apart with his bare hands, and he's so much stronger when he does so.
    3) Singularity link-up. Megatron links up to a black hole, Galvatron gets to link up with a powerful quantum singularity for his powered up blast. He also recovers more quickly after using it and does not need as much time to power up. Plus, being that little bit crazier, that little bit less merciful, he is far more likely to go to the "ultimate last resort" than Megatron.

In my mind, that is why Galvatron is more powerful. He's only slightly more powerful, but he is also a lot less controlled and restrained. Where Megatron might shoot to wound and capture, Galvatron is shooting to kill and put the smoking wreck out where all his enemies can see it, so they can know the folly of fighting Galvatron.

That is how I treat him in my personal "canon", in the show I think he's also only slightly stronger and a lot less restrained. The insane power he had in the Movie was down to him being powered directly by Unicron, I think. That is how I explain why he vaporized Starscream, and why he suddenly fell the moment Hot Rod got the Matrix and awoke its power, turning into Rodimus Prime. The moment that Hot Rod became Rodimus, he had the Matrix's power around him, which stopped Unicron powering up Galvatron.

Anyway, key point - less restraint. If you look at the couple of times a sane Galvatron was seen, in the comics, he never did seem as powerful or dangerous.

11. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Yeah. I came in thinking the same thing.

Anyway, I'd say he's a good 10x Megatron. At least. As Megatron he did kill a good number of Autobots both on that ship and Autobot City, but only did a fair bit of damage to Optimus (the kill shot being someone elses gun funny enough). And he's shot Starscream before causing little damage.

But then he blew up Ultra Magnus and completely vaporized Starscream, both of which didn't have what I can only imagine is some kind of protective aura that the Matrix gives someone. Because I want to say that Rodimus took a shot and brushed it off, but I can't remember all too well.

12. red00wolf

red00wolf insatiable collector

He can vaporize transformers in one shot and blow up planets, he is insanly powerful. i just wish he was show as such more often.

13. SureShot90

SureShot90 Peace=superior firepower

Ebay:
    All the above... it's the same perspective I have on Megatron/Galvatron, however I'm not much into "spark" theories and usually keep them out of the G.1 continuity.

Galvatron is an uncontrolable beast who even Unicron had his trouble with restraining... as a kid back in the days I was a bit scared of Galvatron... I was much more afraid of him than e.g the likes of Darth Vader, because Galvatron was an insane psycho who you couldn't predict.
    That's also why I think G1 Galvatron is vastly superior to any other later incarnations.
    Galvatron is stronger than Megatron, but I'd rate him less intelligent, eventhough he may have the same capacity of Megatron, his trip to the lava pits blew a fuse or two.
    However he does have a compasionate side you only saw once !... the Return of Optimus Prime in the ending - "There will be no war today, Optimus Prime. You have earned Galvatron's respect".... or it was something like that he said.

Regarding to firepower for both Galvatron and Megatron - if could be Megatron had the most powerfull shot when linking up to a black hole, but we never saw that, and it could be he never did so because he knew that he'd be weakened afterwards. However I think Megatron and Galvatron were capable of adjusting their fireblast output... which would explain why Starscream never got seriosly injured when Megatron punished him.

14. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    g1 megatron could use a black hole.
    galvatron being an upgrade, it seems that g1 galvatron would be about 3x tougher, stronger.

and the insanity aspect just makes it worse.

15. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Love Galvarton over Megs any day..TO ME HE WAS THE SHIZNIT.

16. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    Megatron is the smart one, he comes up with the plans and tech to use stuff and develop new ideas. Galvatron is the warrior, he can lead an army into battle and take on a couple of autobots himself. Megatron is a great warrior also Im not saying otherwise.

They both have their plus and cons and it depends on the situation witch one to use if you could chose. Megatron is as I said more intullectly gifted but Galvatron has more brute strenght.

I do love Megatron more then Galvy but damn they are both awesome...something about their armcannons just makes me...

17. -Mainframe-

-Mainframe- Well-Known Member

Galavatron only did that once. Because they made the movie to take out the most of the G1 line. Which is sad they used a plot device like that just to move product.

Hasbro, like all the other manufactures of action figures, animated programs, comics, and so on need to think about their fans more than fattening their bank accounts even more than they already are.

18. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

To be fair, the whole cartoon was about moving product.

19. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 'Civil' Nintendo Fanboy

News Credits:
    He blew Starscream to bits in the movie with one shot.
    Other guys shot by him werent.
    And once he blew up a planet too.
    They change his power as they please.

20. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    I agree with Sol Fury. I don't quite get the 9000 joke.