Heavy/Scratch: G1 Galvatron

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by TinManA.H., Nov 24, 2011.

1. TinManA.H.

TinManA.H. Artificial Hero

So, this figure was a $3 find at Botcon this year. I did this mod while camping in Yosemite in July with the family. (my wife & daughter brought scrapbooking to work on, this guy was my "craft" project)
    I used Aves Fixit Sculpt to add the crest and sides on his helmet. I had to build his arm cannon from a KO aerialbot's legs, Megaman armor, and a Sharpie. Tamiya paints and a Decepticon symbol from Reprolabels. I went with the animated color scheme because I like it much better than the original figure's colors. He does transform, but the cannon doesn't fit perfectly so I'm planning on trying to get my hands on a proper Galvatron cannon at some point. (if I can find one at a decent price) But for now, he fits in nicely on my G1 figure shelf!

Attached Files:

2. cheetor71

cheetor71 Autobot

The paint looks good and I like the resculpted head. I always hated the mold though. Nice job.

3. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    Nice work ! Although, the placeholder cannon suspiciously looks a bit like a carrot. lol

4. scubaboy31

scubaboy31 Digital Gypsy

News Credits:
    Very nice! This was one of my earliest customs, replaced when the Takara reissue came out a few years ago. These colours are better. Galvatron is a great figure, with great articulation for the time that is sorely under rated.

5. Christopher-2

Christopher-2 Well-Known Member

What a headsculpt! It's Just like in the movie! I had no idea that real Galvatron cannons were that expensive. I thought most people hated that mould (Not me. I read the comics and would appreciate a G1 Galvy for xmas!). Galvatron's cannon always looked lika a carrot anyway, so it's fine. If you could add a piece to the back of it though, It would look a lot better and more complete. You can even scratch build a connector for the altmode. Great shade of purple, man. It's certainly a lot better than the color on my takara reissue.

6. Tom_Servo

Tom_Servo Well-read chick magnet

Ebay:
    I like the new crown. I recently bought a Glavatron with the intention of doing something similar. My girlfriend laughed at his little crown and said that he looks like he'd just had his birthday at Burger King.

7. Shockwave9227

Shockwave9227 I'm actually 16.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :thumb  Awsome job! The new head looks fantastic.

8. TinManA.H.

TinManA.H. Artificial Hero

thanks for the feedback and compliments.
    And fear Galvatron's carrot of absolute destruction and vitamins!

9. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I think you've done some good work. I really like how you've approached this in respect to the original mold. I think the look of it would totally pass as "G1", as you simply added onto something already cool (sorry, but I LIKE this toy!).

10. The621

The621 Fuck you, that's why!

News Credits:
    Looking sharp there, TinMan A. H.!!! Love the clean paint scheme and innovative thinking behind the cannon barrel! :thumb