G1 Galvatron

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Wheeljack30, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

Who voiced Galvatron after The Movie in Season 3 and 4? was it the same person that voiced Galvy in The Movie?

Thanks

2. UltraMagnus3786

UltraMagnus3786 That's what it is

frank welker, the voice actor for megatron and a bunch of others, picked up galvy.

3. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

But why did Leonard Nimoy left his role?

4. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    You've got it the other way around.

Season 3 of the cartoon was being worked on the same time as the movie, Frank Welker's version of Galvatron was recorded first. For the movie, they wanted to get as many big names as possible, so Nimoy was brought on for Galvatron. I believe as an extra on the 20th DVD is an interview where Nimoy was worried about doing the voice and if he should try and sound more like Welkers version, but was assured he should just do his own thing.

Furthermore Nimoy is not a voice actor and at the time he was going through his "I'm not Spock" phase at the time where he didn't want to do much because of that. I recall way back on ATT that someone told the story that they had tried to get him to autograph a Galvatron figure and he refused back in '89 or so.

5. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    Because low-brow cartoon budget doesn't compare to big-screen movie budget

6. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

So did the other voice actors kept their characters like Judd Nelson as Hot Rod/Rodimus, Robert Stack as Ultra Magnus, Erik Idle as Wreck-Gar? And Susan Blue voiced Arcee, so who voiced Elita-One/Ariel and the female Autobots (Chromia, Firestar, Mooraser). And Peter Cullen voiced Orian Pax aswell?

Thanks

7. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

...you do realize there's this thing called "budget", and TV cartoon shows have considerably smaller ones than feature films, right?

8. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

No, in fact, the voices for both Rodimus and Magnus were changed twice durring seasons 3 and 4.
    I doubt it.

The info I have says Orion Pax was voiced by Laurie Faso

9. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    Sorry to be a dick, but we've told you in the past when you made a bunch of redundant threads that simple questions like this can be looked up on the TF Wiki

10. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Pretty much none of the movie cast, especially the "big name" actors, continued on for season 3.

Judd Nelson did Rodimus Major in Animated though.

11. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    cartoon shows can afford a "cameo" once in a while. Hence Judd Nelson in TFA.
    it's usually a one-shot, at scale and as such, you can bet your last dollar it's done as a favor to someone or just because the Big Talent has a real love for the material and wants to be a part of it.

12. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

As I've said before, I wish that Welker just could've done the Megatron voice again for Galvatron in the episodes after the movie.

I believe that Arcee, Springer, and Blurr all had the same actor in the movie and in the episodes that followed.

They were? I know that there was definitely errors where the wrong actor voiced a line. But I haven't read anywhere that they switched actors.

13. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Can we elaborate on this? I don't recall Magnus' voice being changed at all, and Rodimus' voice was only changed once (from Ted Scwartz, who wasn't even used except in the FFOD recaps).

I know Cyclonus' voice changed after RC Carmel died, but that's the only one I was aware of.

14. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd assume Sto is referring to Rodimus's voice being changed from Nelson to Schwartz, and then from Schwartz to Gautier. On Magnus, I assume he's misremembering the Cyclonus thing (Jack Angel replaced Carmel) and applying it to another Jack Angel character.

15. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Yes Rodimus was....I made a mistake with Ultra Magnus sorry.

Rodimus/Hotrod was voiced by Ted Schwartz and Dick Gautier, what episodes I couldnt tell you

16. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Schwartz was originally cast as Rodimus and recorded several episodes, but was then replaced by Gautier, who RE-recorded all his lines (at most, Schwartz probably just did all five parts of FFoD - he provides Tailgate's voice in Part 5 and then was never heard from again on TF). Schwartz's lines were *supposed* to be removed from the finished production, replaced entirely by Gautier's re-takes, but they remain in the part 1 recap at the start of part 2, and in one instance during the scenes on Goo in part 3.

17. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

You know, I never really educated myself on the whole VA thing. I mean, I know the "big names" in the movie and they were replaced by the usual cast of TV cartoon VAs for the series, but pretty much the only thing I know was that the guy who voiced Shockwave based him on David Warner and did such a convincing job at it that they hired him to voice Zark, a David Warner character, in the Tron segment of KH2.

18. Dark Hayabusa

Dark Hayabusa Well-Known Member

In 86, Nelson would've been at the height of his "brat pack" heyday. Now, I imagine, TFA got him for 40 dollars and a sandwich