G1 Galvatron Question

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Jedah, Jan 5, 2008.

1. Jedah

Jedah Bring me sunshine.. TFW2005 Supporter

First off sorry if this has been asked before, i tried searching but couldnt find anything.

Last night i was watching the 86 movie and got to thinking about Galvatrons gun mode, how many times was he actually seen in this mode in the cartoon or comic series? from what i can remember he is seen once in gun mode in the UK comic series in issue 79 where cyclonus and scourge are shown attacking a town, Galvatron is shown inside cyclonus in his gun form in one scene and then again when he leaves Cyclonus and transforms to meet Megatron at the decepticon base.
    So i was just wondering if there was any other time that he was actually shown in gun mode? either in the comic or cartoon series.

One other thing, more to do with my memory than anything else, im sure i can remember the UK comic having a one page bio of a future Galvatron which had a double barreled particle cannon, i cant remember if that bio was actually real or just a figment of my imagination lol.

2. Prometheum5

Prometheum5 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think Galvy's alt mode is used once or twice in the cartoon, but not much... double-barreled Galvy sounds redonculous tho... wonder if it's real.

3. Super_Megatron

Super_Megatron Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Never in gun mode the Cartoon, just cannon mode.

4. Jedah

Yeah the double barreled Galvatron, far as i know was just a artist impression of a future Galvatron with a long worded bio of him, like i said, all i can remember is he had the double barreled particle cannon, just cant remember which issue it was in.

Ahh i didnt think he was, just wanted to be sure, i never saw much of season 3 or the japanese series. Thanks for the confirmation.

5. Prometheum5

Prometheum5 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Aha... readin comprehension helps... I was thinking canon mode anyway lol...

6. DarkDranzer

DarkDranzer Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think I remember reading the comics and they had Galvatron in gun mode inside Cyclonus's cockpit, I think in the cartoon or comics they did a similar thing with Megatron in gun mode riding in one of the Seeker's cockpits.

7. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

News Credits:
    I remember the gun mode being used in the UK comics, like, twice.

The first one was in the Cyclonus cockpit like DarkDranzer mentioned. That was in Target:2006. The second one was in...ahh..."Wrecking Havoc" where he had forced some human to carry him to the rendezvous point.

8. Jedah

Ahh cool, i dont think i remember the second one you mentioned, but i didnt see many of the later issues of the comic, missed alot of story lines.

9. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Another thing I noticed about Galvatron. He carbonized Starscream to ashes with his first real blast. I think he broke something in the effort. The cannon/weapon never fired with such force again.

10. Jedah

To be honest ive never really understood that either, as far as i can remember, the only other bot to be hit with a blast from his laser cannon mode was Omega Supreme in the episode "big broadcast of 2006" maybe Omega was just too big.

11. Mixmaster

Mixmaster 4F 68 A0 54 69 74 73 21

News Credits:
    It could've been that Galvatron was drawing energy from Unicron himself during the '86 film. During season 3 he never had that power at his disposal.

12. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

News Credits:
    Consistency was never one of Transformers' strongpoints :wink: