G1 Galvatron/Megatron questions

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Wheeljack30, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

We know Megatron became Galvatron. So I have a few questions concerning these two characters.

- When the Constructicons created Megatron for what purpose was it? Was it cause they needed a leader for the Decepticons to start the Great War again? or was he brought to life to put order on Cyberton. Also I read somewhere that Megatron created the Constructicons, a bit weird cause we see them in War Dawn talking to Omega Supreme and we see in FFOD when Rodimus journeyed inside the Matrix we see the Constructicons creating Megatron. Was he something else beforehand and they upgraded him like Orion Pax?

- Galvatron did he knew he was Megatron during the Movie and after the Movie? did he keep anything from his old persona? And how did he instantly became insane cause during the Movie he wasn't insane.

Thanks

2. The621

The621 Fuck you, that's why!

News Credits:
    Come back when you read the TFWIKI page AND rewatched FFOD Parts 1-5.

As for the Constructicons building Megatron... It's fan speculation to say. He was built to lead them into a better age of peace and he turned on 'em. Or they built him as a part of a rebellion against corruption and somehow he turned on everyone.

Fucking seriously...

3. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:

He turned insane after soaking in the lava bath after the movie.
    He knew he was Megatron because when he fought Hot Rod inside of Unicron, he said "First prime then Magnus, now you. Blah Blah blah... I might have a sense of satisfaction." If he didn't know he used to be megatron, he'd also have no memory of what Starscream did to him and want to get revenge on him.

The whole Constructicon thing is just classic G1 goof ups.

4. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    Use the search function

5. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Fun Publications's recent comic, set in Cybertron's past, has actually tackled that infamous scene. There, the Constructicons are just one of several warring groups of Decepticon cells that are vying for supremacy, and they build Megatron as a powerful soldier. Unfortunately, he turns on them, robo-smashes them into his servants, then goes about conquering and absorbing all the other Decepticon cells to create his army.

6. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

I'm not even getting into the whole Constructicons story. However...

This was addressed during the third season of the show. The explanation was that his logic circuits or whatever were damaged from the "plasma baths" while he was on Thrull (or whatever the name of that planet was). I also personally like to think that all of the mental torturing from Unicron began the deterioration of his mental circuits which of course was followed by the whole plasma baths thing.

7. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The real answer/ Don;t waste your time trying to figure out G1. (that's not a knock on it by the way, but it is what it is) This why I fully support Hasbro's efforts to make an aligned continuity

8. Ruination04

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't see why when someone asks a questions that they don't know the answer to, people have to be so rude. They may not know where to go for answers, just sayin'...

But he mentions that they built them in an episode of the cartoon. Does it ever mention anywhere that the group who built megatron was THE 6 Constructicons? Maybe they were look alikes. There were different seekers and tons of Reflectors so, maybe there were more than 6 Constructicons?

9. Spalah

Spalah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes, he knew. During TF:TM he is referring to his "bodycount" including Prime. He also killed Starscream without any doubt. Galvatron from Movie is kinda powered up version of Megatron, but with Megatron's emotions. Nobody knows for sure why poor Galvatron became insane. Maybe he just landed bad. Maybe mind link between him and Unicron fried his head. I guess TFwiki can provide more delicate versions. :) 

10. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    You are right in principle, but this guy should know where to go for answers since he has already started a number of threads like this and been referred to tfwiki each time.

I consider all such stuff as little more than glorified fanfic.

11. Ruination04

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    LOL Point taken..... but I don't pay attention to who starts which thread....lol

12. Chris McFeely

News Credits:
    And you can say that all you like, but it remains official, published fiction given the stamp of approval by the brand-owners. You don't even have to take it as a canon to the cartoon, because they've made it clear that their "Wings Universe" in which these story takes place is only very-very-cartoon-LIKE, but not 100% identical to the cartoon. I'm just relating the information.

Also, I'm steadily growing more and more fucked off with "glorified fanfic" being flung around because it's official material that happens to be written by someone who was a fan before they turned pro. Is the high-quality work of James Roberts for IDW "glorified fanfic" because he spent something like twenty years writing for a fan-group before writing MTMTE? Is all of Animated "glorified fanfic" because Derrick Wyatt was a fan for years before he got to work on the show? There are LOADS of people currently working on Transformers, be it as writers or artists working for licensees, or people actually working on the brand AT HASBRO who were fans before they made it that far. To dismiss "the work of someone who is a fan" as "fanfic" as if to say it is somehow "lesser" is just nonsense, now moreso than at probably ANY previous point in the brand's history. If you don't LIKE IT, then just SAY SO. Don't try and slap some meaningless label on it in an attempt to denigrate it a way that doesn't make sense under scrutiny.

HHHnnnn.

13. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Holy crap, settle down.

I'm not flinging the term around to encompass everything that happens to be written by former fans, nor the professional level stuff being produced by legitimate comic book publishers like IDW. And I'm certainly not using it to describe animation professionals. I'm using the term to describe the majority of the BotCon comics, which, other than the things written by Furman or Forward or someone, have largely been amateurish affairs produced by not-ready-for-prime-time players. Some have been written by people who have no business being within a thousand miles of comic book production, and don't understand the first things about story structure, comic book pacing or dialogue, or anything else.

If someone has actually broken into the comic book industry based on their talent, like Roberts, for example, then "fanfic" is the last word I'd use to describe their current work. Whereas I've seen other stuff in some of the BotCon comics that represents nothing more than a vanity project by someone who was NOT a professional writer of ANY kind, much less a comic writer. Who put himself on the book because he could. And the result was an awkward, unfocused, stilted mess of fanfic.

14. Chris McFeely

News Credits:
    Oh, sorry, that rant's not *specifically* targeted at you, you just happen to be the most recent person to have used it in front of me. I get what you're saying personally, but "fanfic" is a term that tremendously annoys me when thrown at officially approved material as a means of demeaning it. I've read fanfics a bajillion times better than some of 3H's stuff. Just say it's bad!

15. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    Wait. The Constructicons created Megatron? Wtf?

16. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

rodmius prime saw them created megatron in martix

17. The621

The621 Fuck you, that's why!

News Credits:
    Search Wheeljack30's threads and GENOZAUR's threads. He knows the answers on TFWiki and in the G1 comics and cartoon series, hell even the fucking toy bio. It's not that hard to look at a damn wiki or take time to read comics or watch a damn cartoon when there's spare time.

Every question he and GENOZAUR and FunkyMunky asks is in the fiction or wiki and answered. It's ******ed what they ask for. Yes. there are gaps unanswered, but every single thread created regards a continuity gap answered already.

Tell me about it.
    :lol  Apparently they had the idea that Megatron would restore Cybertron or thought of building a great leader. :lol  "WE'RE 100% SURE he'll NEVER TURN ON US and BRAINWASH US!"
    :lol 

18. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    So you're basically saying why should we waste our time answering these questions when he could spend the time doing the research.

Meanwhile it takes you zero seconds to just ignore the thread.... there's no excuse to be rude.

19. 0MEGATR0N

0MEGATR0N Robot/Gladiator

megatronous was a factionless gladiator who ended up starting the decepticons,the constructi"cons" name denotes they are part of that specific faction which megatron started so its not accurate to think they could have built megatron.

20. Galvatron Rage

Galvatron Rage Question Authority

Agreed.

Aaaaaand.....agreed. Again.