G1 Galvatron Electronics Help (need a picture)

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Galactimus, Dec 17, 2008.

1. Galactimus

Galactimus I'll Lead, You Follow! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Hey guys. I purchased a Galvatron for a few bucks that needs it's electronics fixed. I think there are some pcs. missing and was hoping someone could shoot me a picture of the area between his legs. I know, I know. lol I'm looking for the area where the trigger meets I'm assuming a metal piece to trigger the sound and lights. Even better if you have pics of one pulled apart that shows all the electronic parts and switches.

Sadly mine is in storage so I can't get to it to take a look.

Thanks.

2. GAUGE

GAUGE In Art, Nothing Is Impossible.

News Credits:
    I hope somebody can help ya man, I don't know anybody Psycho enough to take apart their Galvy just for that :( 

If I do it w/ mine it will end up being a bit worthless.

Somebody has to have a spare one they use for parts they'd be willing to dissect I suppose.

good luck in your seach. :) 

3. Galactimus

Galactimus I'll Lead, You Follow! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I was able to figure it out. Actually a pretty straight forward figure to take apart once you've done it once. The board was broken in half in the one I got and I was able to repair it. Had to replace the bulb and speaker as both were not working. It wasn't a problem to find an easy replacement as this type of stuff is in just about everthing even these days. Pulled the speaker out of an old musical christmas sock and the bulb from a knock off maglite. All in all cost me nothing for those parts.

To make the metal piece that was missing I used a small metal piece out of an old game boy that is used to keep the game going in smooth. I cut it down to size and shape and clipped it in behind where the original had broken. Some adjusting and everything works perfectly. My 12 yr. old will be excited to open it up this Christmas.

4. The Touch

The Touch New Member

I just bought a G1 Galvatron in pretty decent condition, with the exception that the trigger doesn't work (the button on his belt works fine). Is there an easy way to fix the trigger? Anyone know the best way to dismantle Galvatron without damaging him so I can have a go at it? Cheers.

5. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
  6. kithre

kithre Member

Can I echo the thoughts - need to dismantle Galvatron and haven't the faintest scooby how do start it..