G1/G2 homages who aren't in the chug line?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Eman7673, Aug 8, 2011.

1. Eman7673

Eman7673 The Machine

Hey guys, simple question here. I am trying to complete my full G1/G2 homage collection here and I am currently looking outside of the CHUG/Timelines lines for more bots to add (to be more specific, the bot listed must be an accurate G1/G2 homage not covered by the CHUG/Timelines lines). For instance, ROTF has two versions of Bludgeon, Hoist, Banzai-Tron, Swerve, Beachcomber, Brawn, Bruticus, Superion and a few more I know I am missing. TFTM has Crankcase, Big Daddy, Getaway and others. Energon has Slugslinger and more. The first Universe line has King Atlas, Overbite, Repugnus and a few others. What other bots are out there currently?

2. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Same As It Ever Was

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    DOTM made a Cyberverse Guzzle.

3. Billzilla

Billzilla Skepticon

News Credits:
    Power Core Combiners has a pretty convincing Huffer. PCC Heavytread, despite being an autobot, makes a much better Brawl than any of the movie Brawls, and is quite easily modified to form Bruticus' leg. PCC Bombshock is a pretty good Micromaster Bombshock, although to be honest, the original Bombshock looked more like PCC heavytread. But hey, they're both tanks, and the paint job works.

Movie '07 Voyager Mudflap is a dead ringer for everyone's favorite sophomoric joke-name, Micromaster Erector, though he's hardly micro.

ROTF/HFTD has a number of good scouts you didn't mention, including decently convincing Beachcomber. Slapdash looks like wheelie in alt mode, makes for a nice cheap standin if you don't feel like shelling out for universe legends wheelie, which I don't because it's wheelie. Hubcap could be used as hubcap, but I like to think of him as micromaster greaser, who is typically portrayed as being more orange, but works nonetheless, especially since you mentioned his Hot Rod Patrol pal, Big Daddy. Either way, hubcap is dope, everyone should get him. Hoping for a green "hubs" repaint someday.

Some disagree but I think Animated Arcee is a great standin. A different head and lighter paint job makes her perfect but she works as is. The Dinobots also work in a pinch. Some argue that Blurr works, but even though I dislike his Generations portrayal, I disagree. I'm not in love with either one (although I have no issue with Drift, the mold works for him).

DOTM Space Case is a thing everyone should own, especially if they passed on Terradive.

Cyberverse has Powerglide and the upcoming Guzzle of course.

4. Eman7673

Eman7673 The Machine

Not bad, although Powerglide was covered twice already in the CHUG lines. I don't collect scouts actually, so I pass on them unless they are amazing such as United Frenzy and Rumble. I also don't collect any Animated figures or female characters, just my preferences. I have PCC Huffer who is pretty cool, they need to make Pipes from that mold though. As for Spacecase, I was incredibly lucky to have gotten to Target the day of the initial release and grabbed the only one that they had. I have been back several times and haven't seen any since.

5. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 PlastiqueBoutique.com Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    PCC Lead Foot :D 

6. Billzilla

Billzilla Skepticon

News Credits:
    Pretty much all the PCCs homage someone in some way. Lead Foot's a good one, though, forgot him.

7. Blot

Blot The most disgusting of all Transformers.

News Credits:
    PCC Steelshot is a pretty dead ringer for G1 Big Shot.

8. IronicHide

IronicHide MEME GO HERE

Your decision to avoid TFA is understandable but lamentable.

Swindle is fine as a Classics version and Blurr, I would say, tops the Generations version.

How about diving in to some of the Beast Era stuff for various stand ins for, say, Weirdwolf, Fangry, Snapdragon, Skullcruncher, etc?

9. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Well there's always Botcon Weirdwolf and Razorclaw...

10. Eman7673

Eman7673 The Machine

Yeah I was about to say that. I'm downsizing my BW collection, no need to get anymore of those. Just looking for CHUG aesthetics, or anything close to it

11. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover Poorly-Known Member

News Credits:
  12. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover Poorly-Known Member

News Credits:
    Double post

Last edited: Aug 8, 2011
  13. Billzilla

Billzilla Skepticon

News Credits:
    I just thought of another one. According to tfwiki, movie Crankcase is G1 Crankcase and was originally supposed to be in the Universe 2.0 line.

14. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm probably the only one, but I used to like a G1 homage being few and far between. Made them more "special". One of my faves has to be the repaint RID bros - X-Brawn in Wheeljack colours was great!

15. Blot

Blot The most disgusting of all Transformers.

News Credits:
    Yep, same with Breakaway (the car not the RotF jet) from the same wave who was intended as G1 Getaway.