G1/G2 Beachcomber Size Difference?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Th0r4z1n3, Mar 23, 2009.

1. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 The F*cking Lizard King! Veteran

News Credits:
    Just recently got a G2 Beacomber and the G1 that I ordered came in today. Just out of curiosity I set them both beside each other to compare them because while I did have a G1 as a kid, I've never even seen a G2 until I got this one. What I noticed though, was that the G2 Beachcomber is slightly taller than his G1 counterpart. It appears that the extra "height" comes from his "thighs" being slightly longer than the G1 version. Is this normal? I was under the impression that the G1 & G2 came out of the same molds (G1/G2 Seasprays are identical except for the paint apps). Just wondering if maybe I snagged a bootleg of one of them or something. I didn't spend a lot of money on either one and I like KOs but I like to know that they are a KO (I'm not a fan of trying to pass fakes off as the originals). Any help/info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Brad

[​IMG]

2. DoubleClouder

DoubleClouder Autobot/Decepticon

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    You are supposed to pull down his legs when transforming him from buggy to robot. You just didn't do that on the G1 toy

3. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    they're the same height. your G2 just has his legs extended, and your G1 does not.

the legs pull out during transformation so they clear the body when you unfold them. give the G2 figure's legs a little push into the body and you'll see.

4. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 The F*cking Lizard King! Veteran

News Credits:
    :dunce  OK, now I feel stupid :dunce 

*Someone can delete this thread if they want to*

5. jametron

jametron Release the Kraken!!!!!!!

News Credits:
    Don't feel stupid... I've had toys that were stiff enough that I didn't realize all they could do until time had passed! Then one day, BOOM! "Oh, I didn't know that [unfolded, unhinged, slid out etc] like that!"

6. NemesisBruticus

NemesisBruticus Banned

Yeah, dont feel stupid. Ive had TidalWave since he came out and just recently realized yu could fold his fingers out.

7. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    There are many little quirks on a figure people regularly miss. And of course Hasbro even leave those steps out of the instructions themselves sometimes.
    Just take your newfound extra knowledge and go party with long-legs Beachcomber. :) 

8. akum6n

akum6n Bootleg

I didn't realize G1 Hardhead had 'feet' until I was an adult.