G1 Female Seeker?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by UTK007, Jan 17, 2007.

1. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

Point of geek interest: The term "slash" in fanfiction appears to have originated with Star Trek fanzines all the way back in the 1960s, with female authors writing some infamous Spock/McCoy, Kirk/McCoy, and Kirk/Spock stories. This crap has been going on for a very long time.

2. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    True enough. It's sad, in a way, because these types of people want psychologically to be very much excepted by others around them -otherwise they wouldn't present their fannon/slash fiction to the rest of us-, but they simply can't except that others simply aren't going to except their views at all. Than the battles start and flaming leads to deep rooted hatred, because their fantasy is being broken and shattered apart by someone they trusted and they can't grasp the fact that their little slice of fantasy just might be very extreme and not quit "in touch" with reality. Which is unfortunate because something like this should never come between friends or family and I've seen it do both in various other fandoms. I guess it just goes back to my first post... it's a weed that needs to be pulled.

3. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
  4. flamepanther

Hell yeah.

Man, that brings back memories. I started lurking on the TFW boards right as that thread was going on.
    Prophetic words...

5. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    That's also where "Mary Sue" comes from, I believe?

6. flamepanther

That's what I've always heard. I checked Wikipedia's take on the matter as well. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Sue

Also, although I had originally heard that slash fiction started in the late 1960s, Wikipedia suggests that it was actually the late 1970s... and then goes on to cite the first known slash story as being from 1974. Hardly the "late" 1970s. Yay for Wikipedia accuracy... The source of origin is the same, however. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slash_fiction

7. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    holy crap.

And he said Cullen would be prime again in the summer.

He was a prophet! He didnt mean armada, he meant the movie! he saw the future, people!

8. A Lance

A Lance Give me your hugs

Oh Oh! Some of my transformers talk to me! But G2 Megs does the most because he's my bestest friend! He even warns me before he attacks (although he does it in the third person).

On a more serious note, everything on earth has loons. But are loons such a bad thing? I mean they are funny to watch flounder in the unsupportable arguments.

9. Infosaur

Infosaur Ancient Cybertronian

Yeah but by the same token it's lke the Superman w/glasses thing. It's so ridiulous that it works. And eveyone take it for granted.

Maybe the reason Megs keeps SS around is because among the seekers he really is THAT GOOD (of course that doesn't say much for the other seekers)

Yeah go figure. I ran with a club that was based on Mirror/Mirror Trek (evil Kirk, Gotee Spock, etc.) my captain had so many groupies we called HIM Captian Slut. But if you need a clue, compare Michael Dorn/Tony Todd's voice to Barry White and remeber Trek 5? That Klingon captian had arms and abbs *I* envy.

10. Caterwaul

Caterwaul Busou Shinki Loremaster

When they take over the place and try to make everyone else follow them? Yes they are bad. Loons are only funny when they're in the minority and you can point and laugh in safety. :) 

11. Bumble Prime

Bumble Prime all the time

i realize the entire fem seeker discussion has fizzled in this thread. But on one of the infiltration incentive covers ( i think it was a botcon exclusive) theres a drawing of a femme seeker. Its the black and white one that has a colored anime style optimus in the middle and a bunch of pre production cybertron toyline designs on it. I have a copy of it in the infiltration cover gallery book. but i dont have it with me. It looks pretty bad ass

12. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Oh man, I'd forgotten how funny GOOP was. I think I'll put "HE TELL ME" in Redemption 2 as grafitti somewhere.
    And damn, that page has alot of names from the past; I wonder what happened to some of those posters.

13. The Spider

The Spider Well-Known Member

Even.... even the Horta?

14. Clockmaster

Clockmaster Banned

Starscream has a girls' voice as it is anyway. I think in some localised Transformers he is a girl.

15. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

OSU explains ot pretty well right there.

16. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

You haven't known all the Goth Bois I have then, ignoring the fact that large portion of them were Bisexual or Gay, there are plenty of men who act that way.