G1 Female Seeker?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by UTK007, Jan 17, 2007.

1. Caterwaul

Caterwaul Busou Shinki Loremaster

Wow, Raksha's STILL around? I remember her name cropping up when I first discovered the internet back in college. (10+ years ago for the curious)

2. $5HotRod

$5HotRod Trailbreaker Fan

Ebay:
    I just looked up Raksha on google and found some of her essays

Ravage's tech specs where she claims that Ravage having a robot mode is a "perversion of character integrity of the worst order, and is to be entirely ignored". I have to admit, I'm confuzzled. How does changing bodies lead to a perversion of character integrity?

http://www.transformersfanfic.com/index.php?view=PublicSubmission%2FBody&categoryType=1&publicsubmission_id=17

She also apparently conducted a self-interview you'll have to read for yourself to believe this because if I told you, you might think I'm crazier than I already am.

http://www.transformersfanfic.com/index.php?view=PublicSubmission%2FBody&categoryType=library&publicsubmission_id=67

Wow. Just wow...not a good "wow" either.

EDIT: Okay, this just made me laugh. Apparently Deathsaurus goes to any lengths to achieve unity of the Decepticons so that's why he abandoned his dinosaur troops on Earth while using his humongous space city in an attempt to blow the planet up. Yeah...real unifier there.

http://www.transformersfanfic.com/index.php?view=PublicSubmission%2FBody&categoryType=library&publicsubmission_id=496

3. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    I know that opinions can differ, but that was a big pile of crazy.

4. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

G1? Realistic believable characters? Only if you're six years old or under. Anyone can see BW had much deeper villains, particularly in the case of Megatron, Blackarachnia, and Rampage. Then you've got Dinobot, the morally ambiguous antihero-turned-hero.

Hehe... G1 is "biased" ...I've never seen that kind of crazy on this board.

5. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    In beast wars, the predacons WERE the more likable faction. You never hated BW Megatron, you f'ing cheered for him.

• Like Like x 1
  6. $5HotRod

Ebay:
  7. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

I could only skim this interview; reading it in its entirety, I fear, would just kill too many brain cells. But even after just glancing at it, I feel dirty.

*shudder*

Some people. :rolleyes2 

8. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    At this point I'm waiting for a link to the He Tell me debacle to pop up. Reading som of this is giving me flash backs.

9. flamepanther

If they're all as crazy as Raksha, I don't want to know, just so long as they stay away.

10. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    what the hell are the origins of "he tell me" anyways?

11. $5HotRod

Ebay:
    Damn, this "he tell me" must be bad if the older members are having flashbacks of this.

12. flamepanther

I thought it was more funny, stupid, and sad than horrible and crazy.

13. $5HotRod

Ebay:
    Dammit, flamepanther. Now, you got my curiousity. I've got to see this trainwreck.

Oh, and to actually contribute to the original topic. Here's the pic of the "Lady in Purple" from the last episode of More Than Meets the Eye.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  14. Raven Zombie

Raven Zombie Liege Ravnos Muerte

on the topic of TF character... i welcome the idea of a female purple seeker... although the purps where misc. and many, so its very understandable.

as for the person in accusation... i totaly agree with most of her fanfiction, and think anyone that has a problem with it, are quite comical.
    some hate Bays movie ideas...
    some hate the Jap. Kissplay...
    some hated munky over truck...
    some hate fanfiction altogether!

its the fact of people being closed-minded to anything that isnt 'what they are used to' or 'afraid of what they dont understand'

... that and i always side with the underdog...

15. Windturf

Windturf Insane Ratchet Fan

Starscream, or should I say, "Lady in Purple", really does look like a femme.:ev: 

16. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    I love how she condemns the Predacons for being "backstabbers." WHAT THE HELL DOES SHE THINK STARSCREAM WAS?

17. flamepanther

I don't think most people have a problem with fan fiction in general, except that so much of it is poorly written. The problem is when:

a) it becomes a thinly (or not at all) veiled outlet for the writer's sexual fetish for the object of his or (more often) her fandom.

...and/or...

b) the writer takes an attitude of "the official fiction is wrong. Here's the way it really is." This is not to be confused with a "what if" story that accepts the canon fiction as the "real" version of events.

Every day, I am thankful that TransFormers fandom has very little of the above compared to other fandoms. Unfortunately Raksha falls under both of those above categories, and it extends well beyond just the fanfic she writes. There's a difference between a closed mind an an aversion to delusional fangirls.

18. Delta Star

Delta Star <b>Reprolabels.com</b> TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Normally I wouldn't even bother, but I'd just like to say that there is probably a good reason why Raksha's voice isn't heard anymore.

People can be very cruel, and it's cost us a very unique, very interesting viewpoint on the TF mythos. Raksha was and still is a great writer. I started chatting with her sixteen years ago, and got to know her quite well.

I can say this: I have never, EVER met anyone with more integrity in my whole life. I would trust her with my life and if every Transfan had just a tenth of the character she has, we'd all be so much better off.

Maybe she lost touch with reality a bit, but isn't that the point of this hobby? "Reality is a dreary affair, and I'll have as little to do with it as possible", is one of her favourite quotes.

I guess what I'm saying is she has earned a lot of friends, and I'm not the only one here, so please try to be respectful, if not kind.

19. bandron

bandron seeker jets' nightmare

Ebay:
    I know that other people's opinion's are just that; their opinions, and I respect their right to those opinions, however when you bulldoze others opinions you forfeit any right to whine and complain when it happens to yours. This "lady" has done more demo then any work crew I've ever seen. So with a clear mind I can say the following: Lady you CRAZY!!!! I am aware that I am a 31 year old who collects toys from my childhood and I have fond memories of the show as well but I am grounded enough to know that it was make believe. Oh well some people just need to find a nice padded room to live in.

20. Golobulus

Golobulus heh heh heh

Knock off the insults - 2005 Staff