G1 episodes that got you "konfuzed"

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by kurochan_24, Sep 11, 2007.

1. kurochan_24

kurochan_24 Well-Known Member

Well, we know that there are a lot of loopholes and unexplained errors on the G1 series. Is there such an episode/scene that made you scratch your head in cofusion?

Here's mine. In the episode titled "The Killing Jar", Ultramagnus, Cyclonus, Wreck-Gar, and Marissa were abducted by the quintessons.

Before abducting Magnus, the quintesson was talking to his sharkticon "bodyguard" about how interesting Magnus is, his programming, his behavior on certain situations among others. Then they next abducted Cyclonus, who, in the quintesson's own words, "similar in program to ultramagnus".

I said WTF? Ok, i concede that in G1, the quintessons created the transformers. But wasn't Cyclonus created by unicron from the body of bombshell/skywarp (take your pick)?

Then how the hell could the quintessons knew about cyclonus' behavior and claim that they created him too?

2. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime is an apathetic douchebag

It doesn't sound like they're taking credit for creating him.

3. CompuGlobal HyperMegatron

CompuGlobal HyperMegatron Nobody summons Megatron

Autobot Spike confuses me. Because it's so terrible.

"It's like there's something in my head...that makes me do...bad things!"

4. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'll second Autobot Spike. Also, the ep where Megs somehow gains the powers of all other Decepticons from some 'power chip' nonsense. Add to that, Chip jumping out of his wheelchair.

5. Bass X0

Bass X0 King of Muay Thai

News Credits:
    I'd like to explain the whole Constructicon things...

Megatron was created by the Constructicons, at this point they may be employed just for their skills but not necessarily evil. The Decepticons hadn't properly formed at this point.

Later Megatron used the personality changer on them so that they become true decepticons.

then on earth, megatron gives the constructicons earthen bodies.

6. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hmmm, any episode with Wheelie. It's like the Army employing PeeWee Herman on a mission to deliver a ridiculously imporant military peice to a location (Metroplex's Transforming Cog).

7. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    Skyfire crashed in the snow and everyone cries as if he is dead but then in a later episode, Wheeljack is digging him out.

8. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    My contention has been that the constructicons crash landed on Earth while fleeing from Omega Supreme. Megatron found them and revived them and gave them Earthen forms to blend in more easily. I think all that would have been needed in heavy metal war (or what ever ep it was) was to change one word in Megatron's dialog from build to rebuild (i.e. the time to rebuild them in these caverns was well worth the effort) or something like that.

9. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Plot hole, not loop hole.

But yeah, G1 was a horrible show, especialy in season 3.

10. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    My pick is thundercracker skywarp is scourge and the insecticons are the sweeps and of course megatron is galavatron

11. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would say the one in Daniels Nightmare. That seemed like a half an episode. Daniel has a nightmare, Rodimus Prime is IN HIS ROOM when he wakes up. Then, all of a sudden, a bunch of the transformers, autobots and decepticons, are in his dream, and they show the Quintessons, so you know they somehow put them in there, but they don't show it. Then, there were scenes setup for a situation, like with Springer and one of the Predicons I think, where they are going to fight a dragon or something to save a Princess and in the next scene she is saved but they never show it. I don't remember now so well exactly all the problems it had, but I remember it jumped around SO much, I was damned confused.

I just chalk up the Constructicons incontinuity to new writers that cared nothing for doing background research on what they were writing for.

12. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    LOLZ! :lolol 

All the Autobots were like "We shall remember!" and they solemnly drive away.
    Then, at the beginning of Fire on the Mountain, Wheeljack just digs him out and he's like "Oh, hey. Yeah Optimus would like you to fly to South America. Mmm kay? Yeah. Yeah and if you could work Saturday that would be great."

Seriously though, in Make Tracks I could not believe that Tracks (and presumably other Autobots) has one wire that can be cut with an ordinary pair of wire snips that shuts off his higher mental control of his body and reduces him to an ordinary car.

Not only does that wire exist, but it is completely exposed and draped across the engine!

When I saw that the first time, even my junior high brain said "no way!"

13. LemonPrime

LemonPrime Greetings Programs

News Credits:
    Chip jumping out of his wheelchair to catch the whatever-it-was (insert plot device) in The Autobot Run. I love G1- flaws and all- but c'mon, if the animators didn't see a problem there...well...wow. If they'd accidentally drawn Chip walking where Spike should, I could forgive them, but when they draw the wheelchair, draw him sitting in it, and put it all in frame followed by "the jump" :banghead:  Somebody should dub "I've been HEALED, THANK YOU JESUS!!!" just before it happens. Yep.

14. Don_East

Don_East Wants TFA Seeker Toys

They did show them fighting the dragon(Springer rode on the Predacon Razorclaw), what would be confusing is that suddenly Springer, Razorclaw, & the princess was with Rodimus & company without explanation.

15. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
  16. Primevil

Primevil *Insert Witty Title Here*

Ebay:
    The Key to Vector Sigma Part 1.

Prime: "It's a miracle we survived that explosion."

What explosion?! I realize that may have referred to something edited out before animation, but it "konfuzed" me when I first saw the episode.

And my personal favorite, from A Prime Problem.

Prime: "He... He's dropped Splick!"

I'm sorry, but HOW did they make that mistake? Trailblazer, said by Prime earlier in the episode, I can understand. But SPLICK?!

It does make the episode funnier since the supposedly real Prime was the one that said both of these. :lol 

17. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I recall there being something crazy- it's just been a while. I remember little details but overall I remember saying "I think that episode was missing about 10 minutes worth of story". There were a ton of other little mistakes an incontinuity, but that episode was just poorly directed and explained.

18. Soundatron

Soundatron A Blight Upon The Land

Why build a transfixation ray to bring the Autobots to a machine you have to build to kill them???

Why did Spike need his mind seperated during surgery?
    Spike: Excuse me Dr. Turk, before you put me under surgery can you transfer my mind into a robot?
    Turk: Kid I just cut people up I dont know how to do that? Sides why would you want to?
    Spike: My asshole dad is making me do it!

19. littlebotbrat

littlebotbrat Well-Known Member

Unicron doesn't know how to count.He started with two seekers and only three insecticons and got more sweeps than he started with.

20. Goldsting

Goldsting Member

Prime's ressurection.

You clearly see the ship he's in blowing up, his final hurrah (star glitter and all). Then, in the episode he's brought back, the humans find the ship intact.

Watching it drives me nuts even tho I love Prime.