G1 ending...

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Hotshotprime43, Apr 15, 2012.

1. Hotshotprime43

Hotshotprime43 Well-Known Member

As most people know g1 ended after the rebirth part 3 and it left Galvatron still alive and planning to rule the galaxy as he said. After that the show was cancelled. So how did this lead to Beast Wars when their is peace between both sides and the war is over. Well i know there is no official link that matches up the two series but here are my on ideas that don't mean anything because their not official :banghead: 

*The return of Optimus Prime part ended the war when Galvatron said there will be no war today Optimus Prime you have earned my respect. This ended the war and then it lead to beast War. While the rebirth is a micro continuity.

*Since i just watched Rebirth i notice that only Galvatron, the targetmasters, and headmasters left cybertron on Scorponok so maybe they left the others who surrendered and Galvatron just went into exile or only to rule Nebulous.

also if the final scence was cut with Galvaton you could have just said he was killed in the explosion when Scorponok was blown away from cybertron ending the war. Anyways we will probably never actually know...

2. KikBlava

KikBlava Well-Known Member

Beast Wars doesn't really follow any G1 continuity, rather it looks at all of G1 as Arthur Legend. To me, Beast Wars fits in with the G1 and G2 Marvel comics better instead of the cartoon, due to the appearance of Primus in the comics.

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Cybertron is at peace in BW, as well. Megatron is leader of but a small group of renegades who are not satisfied with the treatment of Decepticons and their ancestors, the Predacons, and so steal a relic and travel back in time to do something about it. However there is no great, Cybertron-wide war.

4. Hotshotprime43

good point..... but its still a head ache knowing g1 (show) never got a true right full ending and we will probably never know

5. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Member of the Scrappy Doo Fan Club

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    To me, BW follows G1 in general, mixing the Marvel comics and the tv show.

6. Hotshotprime43

yeah i know. thats what i was saying, i don't know how you thought i said it.

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    You want a headache? Trying figuring out exactly what the fuck the Vok are supposed to be.

8. ZacWilliam

ZacWilliam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    um... G1 continued for years after that. Yeah, I know you mean "the Cartoon," but I think it's imporatant to point out that the Cartoon is not the entirety of G1. Heck it's not even MOST of 1980s vintage G1, as the Toys and Marvel Comic Books and Japanese toons all continued for years after the Cartoon ended.

Anyway, as has been said, the Beast Wars writers did not mean it to be part of the Cartoon, they ment it to be part of G1 in general but with its specific past drawing like Arthurian Legend (their examples) from both the Toon and the Comic Books.

-ZacWilliam, no problem with someone speculating and fanficing up fannon connections, just pointing out the vaguely missed points of the original post.

9. Hotshotprime43

um... to me the vok are creatures that exist out of time that focus on making the Transformers do important things in the timeline......... or something........ dammit who the hell knows that answer?

10. Hotshotprime43

Well i know it also suppose to be a continuation of a mix of g1 events like you said. Also its just not about beast wars its about how we can make g1 have its right full ending. These are just my ideas on how it all can work out.

11. ZacWilliam

ZacWilliam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How is that a headache?

From the wiki:

-ZacWilliam, not simple, maybe, but pretty comprehensible. They're the Vok. Who were the Swarm. :) 

12. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Giving up on the fiction.

News Credits:
    Well, Simon Furman wrote an unofficial story called Allignment which tied up Generation 2's loose threads, and we're getting #81 sometime soon, so-

...Oh. You mean the cartoon again.

13. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    If you find a way of making any continuity work for you in Transformers, go right ahead. I don't think there really is a true canon although I'm sure Chris Mcfeely will correct me on this, it's all at the whims of whoever is working on what project and gets the okay at Hasbro at the time.
    And seeing as Hasbro always go out of the way to say they're fans of the material. It's all fanon :) 

I hate the fact that Beast Wars is 300 years after Transformers G1. That's such a bullshit human chronology to apply to a race of beings who are supposedly millions of years old. That's a huge amount of socio-political and biological evolution to happen in such a short space of time. And what happened to all these millions of year old robots? Did they all die? Oh no, they all "upgraded" and retired.
    I love Beast Wars, I love G1. But for the sake of avoiding these types of headaches, and for creating a massive sandbox of time to play in and tell stories with, I think Beast Wars should be a much more chrono-ambiguous 1 million years in the future. Hell, they time traveled back to Earth so there is no reason for them to come from so close in the future.

Just my opinion.

14. -Mainframe-

-Mainframe- Well-Known Member

Transformers: The Rebirth > Headmasters

April 1986 Scamble City
    August 8, 1986 Transformers the movie
    November 9, 1987 The Rebirth
    July 3, 1987 Headmasters

Scramble City: Mobilization"
    The Headmasters
    Super-God Masterforce
    Victory
    Zone

Japanese generation one continuity Link

15. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Honestly They need to explore how the war came to an end and the begining of Pax Cybertronia.

16. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

sunbow ;s falut - i want see g1 tfs season 5 with powermasters and etc

17. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Rebirth isn't in my G1 continuity. I follow the Japanese series (Headmasters, Masterforce, and Victory). Zone also doesn't exist.

18. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    in terms of a better story I think the end of S3 did it best. Prime and Galvatron shook hands and kinda agreed on an uneasy peace at least for a little time and they have a mutual respect a good ending for a 80's show when the usual trope was to just kill the villain.

As for BW fitting into that it seems BW is just set sooooo far ahead that it would be as if we were running into cave men in terms of a gap between generations

19. mrgalvaprime

mrgalvaprime #BanTJ

News Credits:
    This. I also like to think that it follows an untold version of G1

20. vmagnum

vmagnum Horrorcon

I prefer to view Beast War as another universe in parallel to G1. Too much happening post G1 (Masterforce, etc, G2), so it sort of settled the doubt. The two universe however could have crossed in some way to link them in some way