G1 DVDs

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Piglet9303, Jul 8, 2007.

1. Piglet9303

Piglet9303 New Member

I heard a rumor that Sony was going to reissue the G1 DVDs, but I can't find anything anywhere about it. I was going to buy the chinese import of the G1 cartoons but might wait if this rumor is true. Anyone know anything about it?

2. FortressMaximus1976

FortressMaximus1976 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Was orignally to be released by Sony Wonder this month...of course, this was late last year when the TF Animated Movie was re released by Sony...they have since closed up shop of Sony Wonder, so, for now anyway, the G1 DVD's wont be coming out by Sony. However, I suspect someone else will pick them up in the near future.

In the meantime, I myself did purchase the chinese metal tin set earlier this year...honestly, they are TERRIFIC for the money, and aside from new special features that may or may not come out on whomever releases a new set of these DVDs, the quality is great, and there is a Bonus DVD along with it....the materials on there are exactly what came with Rhino's season 1 of the DVD set years back.

Id say go for this set, unless your holding out for someone else...but I got mine off of EBay brand new for $45 with shipping, so its a killer deal.

3. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I'm betting that Sony will get around to it sooner or later. If you're patient, you'll get them--probably with better quality and cooler special features than the Rhino or Chinese sets, but definitely at a higher cost.

4. case_sensitive

case_sensitive Ravage for President

Whenever I read discussions about the G1 DVDs, I see that people refer to the Chinese set. Isn't there more than one? I've heard some come with a wooden box featuring Optimus and Rodimus while others have a metal tin. The one I received recently had neither--just a cardboard slipcase with half an Autobot logo and the title 'Transformers Generation 1' on it.

Aside from the packaging, I've heard that someone received a Chinese set where one episode had no English soundtrack. (I haven't gone through all of my discs yet so I don't know if mine is like this.) Lastly, my copy has an extras disc that only consists of footage demonstrating the restoration process--no interviews, no convention clips, nor any documentaries. From what I've read of other people's Chinese sets, their extras are loaded with good stuff.

So I was wondering if fellow owners of Chinese imports can maybe share the specs of their sets for a comparison.

TIA

-= CS =-

5. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

I purchased this 2 years ago it even came with a G1 Reissue TF.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    You Lucky bastard,with a reissue.

7. IACON

IACON "That's Vector Sigma?" TFW2005 Supporter