G1 DVD questions

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by AtomicGarden, Aug 15, 2012.

1. AtomicGarden

AtomicGarden Active Member

I am a long time fan who grew up as a kid watching G1. In the early 2000's when the DVD's by Rhino came out, I bought them all in a heartbeat. I paid a little fortune for them, because when the first season came out it wasn't availible in Canada and I paid around 90$ for it. The other sets were released later for around 60$ on amazon.ca if I remember correctly.

Now here's the questions ; I know the newer DVD's by Shout are supposed to be of better quality, but I want to know what are the real differences between the Rhino and Shout releases and if it's really worth it for me to try to sell my inferior but expensive Rhino sets for the now 69$ whole set by Shout.

I don't really watch them that often anymore but it just kinda bug me that the other version out there is supposed to be way better.

2. Backpack

Backpack G1 forever.

There really isn't a quality difference.

The only real changes were a good number of shots (film errors) were replaced with corrected shots from the broadcast master video tapes. Keeping in mind the most errors were also in the Master tapes. The other change was Shout used the original audio, not Rhino's weird added sound effects.

My standard reaction to something that 'bugs me' (in a case like this), I just buy it.

3. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits: