G1 DVD Box Set Without the G1

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by omegafix, Aug 20, 2011.

1. omegafix

omegafix Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
    if you were like me and had already purchased the four season sets of G1 individually but when it came out later on wanted that shiny outer case that came with the Complete Series box set. shoutfactory is selling the shiny outer case seperatly

Shout! Factory Store

• News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. LemonPrime

LemonPrime Greetings Programs

News Credits:
    Wow, that's really cool of them to do that. When I buy DVDs, I look for specific cases/packaging that I'd like to add to my collection, so the option to buy a "collectors' case" of sorts is really neat.

3. omegafix

News Credits:
    yeah i was sooooooooooooo happy of them to do this. i was kinda pissed when they released the whole series boxset after i dished out on the seperate seasons. i wish other dvd companys would do stuff like this

4. BenjaminXavier

BenjaminXavier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That is cool of them to do it, but they should pull a Lord of the Rings and give it away for free with proof of purchase.

5. omegafix

News Credits:
    yes that was sweet!!! i wish fox offered to trade in my old thick packs of american dad family guy and futurama for the new slim sets

6. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Retired Admln Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Pinterest:
    Bought that at Botcon. Pretty cool of them to do that

7. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Total Randomness Personified

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Thats cool of them to do that.

8. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
    Dude, that's awesome! I might have to look into this, nice find Panther!

9. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    So does this also house the slipcases that came with the individual seasons? Or do you have to remove all of the cases and just put them in this new slipcase instead? I've looked at this all-in-one set in person and don't recall seeing enough space for individual season slipcases.

10. SiamGXPrime

SiamGXPrime Well-Known Member

I have all the tins when the g1 collection was first released, you think that would hold them all?

11. shadowfall1976

shadowfall1976 The Alpha and the Optimus

I bought this back in May, for $5.99, then after I bought mine I went back a month later, they raised it $1.
    I wish I had known that no one knew yet, I would have posted it way back, they have been offering this since
    April, but then like I said, it was $1 cheaper.

This only holds the individual DVD cases, not the Season slipcovers, but it holds them all nice and maybe a
    tad too tightly, unless they widened it a bit from the earlier release I got. But it is very stiff and doesn't bend
    easily, so it's a nice hard case for the collection, I only got it because it was part of the series, I actually like
    the individual slip cases better, more art work.

It sucks that I knew something so long ago, and never posted it, because everytime I find something I think
    is news, I find out someone has beaten me to it. I did post something a long while back that counted as news
    but never got the credit for it.

Edit, in case you miss it in my post below
    NOTE: You will not be able to squeeze any of the books that came with the sets inside at all........unless they made it wider since I bought mine.

12. Zormo

Zormo Active Member

Along with no room for the individual slipcases, there is still the problem of no room for the Movie between seasons two and three. And on a related note, Shout! put the Movie in the Matrix of Leadership set, and have the GI Joe animated movie on DVD and Blu-ray, why no TF: TM in an individual DVD?

13. shadowfall1976

Probably because Sony had just released the movie in 2006 on a 20th Anniversary 2dvd set, which
    I know Sony BMG supposedly closed their doors, but it surprises me, I didn't know the movie was in the Matrix
    set, funny that Sony would release the copyright on that so fast, even if it wasn't making vids anymore.

And if Shout never released he movie on a single disc release, that would be why it don't have a slot in the slipcase.

And technically, the movie was a movie, not part of the televised series, even though it continued the events, that
    seem way out of place, like (I know it was completed before the 2nd season ended) where the hell were all the combiners,
    they could have put a hurting on the Cons and Unicron, and stopped Devasator from F'ing up Autobot City.....Omega Supreme?
    I mean damn, if they were in the movies events....And wasn't Autobot City supposed to be Metroplex?

But that too is why I like the individual season slipcases, because you can slot the movie in there between the 2nd (vol 2) and 3rd.

14. DJW107PRIME

DJW107PRIME Autobot Hero

Ebay:
    ^Yeah Metroplex was being a lazy ass that day or mabye he was still missing his cog.

15. reave

reave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Where and when did Shout put TF: The Movie in the Matrix of Leadership box?

And a more important question would be, where the hell is the US Bluray release for TF:TM (with tons of features, both versions of the film and commentary from the actors, writers and director)?

16. changepas39

changepas39 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am so getting this!

17. shadowfall1976

I didn't think the set included the movie, because Sony BMG had the rights to it, and I didn't remember it being listed as part of the set, otherwise they would
    have released an individual DVD for it, knowing that not everyone got the (came and went) 20th anniversary 2 DVD Sony set.

I know I bought mine when I first saw it, the next week, sold out, never seen again.

Like I said, you will have to take the DVD cases from their individual slip covers, to put them all inside.....

NOTE: You will not be able to sqeeze any of the books that came with the sets inside at all........unless they made it wider since I bought mine.
    And I bought it months back.

18. mrclean08

mrclean08 G1 FOR LIFE

Kudos to the OP for this thread and kudos to Shout Factory for providing this! Win win situation!

Is this slipcase made of plastic or cardboard?

19. shadowfall1976

It is made of really stiff cardboard, it is very sturdy and rigid. It feels like it might be plastic, it is that solid, but it is cardboard.

20. SuperMegaAutobot

SuperMegaAutobot Well-Known Member

just to clear it up, TF:TM did not come with the matrix of leadership box set (I own it). It did come with the older Chinese "tin" box sets (I own it). perhaps the box sets are being confused.