G1 Dvd 2007?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by normtrooper, Oct 20, 2007.

1. normtrooper

normtrooper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I bought my copy of the original TF movie ages ago and it states that G1 is coming to DVD 2007. It also has a little trailer for it. Anyway I know nothing about this I was wondering if someone with more knowledge on this subject could point me in the right direction. I really want it on DVD but i missed the first run they had of it, and I want a new copy not a used one.

This may have already been brought up I apologize if it is, for starting a pointless thread, but I really want this info.

Thank you.

2. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Unfortunately that arm of Sony ceased to exist a while back, so G1 may not be returning to DVD right away, though I'm sure it's not gone for good either.

3. Rend

Rend Decepticreep Killer

An alternative would be to invest in one of the new Chinese G1 DVD sets on eBay. They have all 4 Transformers seasons along with the movie, some bonus post cards, and a TF keychain. All for under $100.00

Or you can invest in the Australian version. From what I've read it has more comentary and bonuses than that of the Chinese release.

Both of these can be found on eBay.

4. moocow

moocow God.

5. normtrooper

normtrooper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can't thank you guys enough, I really had high hopes that sony would release an awesome set with better special features than the rhino ones.

By the way what happened to Rhino animation while I'm at it? Did they get bought by Sony or something? How did Sony get the rights to produce the DVD?

6. DeceptiKreep

DeceptiKreep Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    These are your best bet .... there a few on EBay. I got a set a year or so ago and, form the looks of it, they have raised the prices of them. They are a Chinese set but very well worth the money, well, I only paid $60 for it I believe. So not sure they are worth $200, as listed now. Just putting in my 2 cents...

[​IMG]

7. decepticon665

decepticon665 the amazing bored-man!

tfsource has the chinese set at about $100.

8. wahdawg

wahdawg New Member

Plus the madman (Australian version comes in G1 toy package style with a tin case inside. It looks soooo good

9. Hauken

Hauken Member

I bought that a few weeks back, it's definitely worth the money. And yeah, I got
    mine for about 60 dollars too.

10. d*r*j*

d*r*j* Active Member

Yeah I got the aussie version the other day. Au$120.. I guess about U$100. It has 17 discs... I think I disc at the end is for extras. The movie is sold seperately but I'm pretty sure it was included in the Chinese version.
    It has just had another release to promote the release of the movie on dvd. Last time it was released it was in the shops for about a month.

11. iron maniac

iron maniac Help Uncle Sixshot, Help!

News Credits:
    You can't go wrong with the Chinese Tin Set: Region Free, Remastered Picture, 5.1 Stereo sound.
    I paid $40 for mine a while back.