G1 Dinobots for G1 Menasor?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Molini, Jan 8, 2009.

1. Molini

Molini spawn of a glitch TFW2005 Supporter

A co-worker of mine is looking to make a trade with me for my 5 G1 Dinobots team.

Of the items for trade he has mentioned:

Classic re-issue:
    Optimus Prime
    Jazz
    Starscream
    Thundercracker

Binaltech:
    Smokescreen.

the attached thumbnail is a pic of some other items in his collection (obvious items he apparently didn't want to trade).

Note the G1 menasor in the display case to the right, near the animated Bumblebee (not to mention his G1 Jetfire:drool: ).

What do you guys think, would me hitting him up for a trade of his Menasor/Stunticons for my complete Dinobot team make for a fair trade in your opinions?

These are three of my five, I acquired Swoop and Sludge after I took this pic and haven't taken another pic since, but just to give an idea.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 8, 2009
  2. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    I wouldn't do it for Menasor.

3. Molini

I guess the only reason I am considering, is because I'm getting the MP Grimlock, and am kind of hoping at some point we get remakes of the rest of the dinobot team in the Classics/Universe line at some point in the future...I doubt we will ever see a full MP Dinobot team, that's just asking for too much.

Plus I have the animated dinobot team...I know, I know, you can't beat the classic G1 dinobot team I'm just reaching to justify a trade I suppose.

I am considering that Jetfire though, I just don't know what to ask to take along with it for a fair trade.

4. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    If your waiting on Dinobot reissues I would not be holding your breath on it.

5. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

No way that nuts. To accomplish having all the G1 Dinobots is a very nice feat. I would never trade mine. it was a real bitch finding them all in Great Condition but finally did. Don't do it.

6. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Some of that stuff is nice, but the Dinobots are nicer. I'd hold on to them, to be honest. They are some of the nicest of the G1 TFs and any trade for the whole set would be a step down. Definitely not all of them for Menasor or even Jetfire. That's pretty uneven in my opinion.

I also would not count on any remakes / new versions to replace the originals. I think the three we've seen for Animated are the best we are likely to get for now.

7. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

Dude, no way. The Stunticons are nowhere near as good toys as the Dinobots are, even taking Menasor into account. Besides, tracking down the Stunticons is going to be a lot easier than getting all five Dinobots again.

8. blahduh

blahduh Well-Known Member

No offense, but that menasor looks like a KO(technobots for the feet???)
    all 5 dinobots complete usually runs about $250-$300 on ebay, complete menasor $100-$150, so if both are complete then you are not getting a good trade.

However, 5 dinobots(without any accessories) for 1 complete menasor seems like a fair trade to me.

9. blahduh

Actually, I had a harder time to get good conditon stunticons.

Over the years I got 3-4 set of dinobots, but only 1 set of stunticons(not really in collectible shape)

10. Molini

Good points, so I should put more in perspective.

Grimlock - Great condition,100% complete with box and red decoder

Snarl- Incomplete, and extremely loose joints

Swoop- Only one missle, loose leg joints make it difficult to stand in bot mode and a loose beak joint

Slag- Only has his sword, and just look at how his mouth hangs...mouth is way too loose

Sludge- no weapons, decent joints, heavy chrome wear on the right rib cage...or rather almost no chrome on the right rib cage.

Now, does any of this info alter your opinions any? Just curious.

Also, I don't think those are technobots for the legs, he's a fairly knowledgeable collector...but I will interrogate him about it before any trade is considered if I do decide to go that route.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2009
  11. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

Not really. The Dinobots are still superior toys to the Stunticons, and as pointed out, that Menasor looks like a KO.

12. Blitzwing256

Blitzwing256 Triple changer

dude this guy is NOT your friend, that is a bootleg menasaur, 100% positive, the bootleggers didn't have access to two of the stunitcons so they used afterburner and lightspeed for the legs

if it were a complete REAL menasaur it's value is about 100+ given it has all the small guns the dual cannons for each bot and all 5 tech specs )i beleive stutnticons were always metal so thats not an issue) if all that were the case and it wasn't a shitty bootleg that deal would be mostly decent, alhtough swoop even with loose joins is ALWAYS a tough find, he's one you don't wna to trade imo

but yeah if that "friend" is trying to sell you a bootleg ....walk awway and never deal with him agian.

13. AMG

AMG Old School

I wouldn't do it.

14. Basketball Jones

Basketball Jones Decepticon

if it were a complete REAL menasaur it's value is about 100+ given it has all the small guns the dual cannons for each bot and all 5 tech specs )i beleive stutnticons were always metal so thats not an issue)

You can't find a complete Menasor today for less than $150.

The Dinobots, complete and in good condition, are around $75 apiece, while Swoop is more expensive due to his fragility and rarity.

However, that Menasor is a KO, and it's not even a good KO.

15. blahduh

yeah, it got some weird price spike recently, while a complete superion only cost about half as much.

If $$ is not an issue, why not just keep the dinobots? They are irreplaceable in my opinion.

16. Blitzwing256

Blitzwing256 Triple changer

just for your and maybe anyone elses refrence:
    real stunticons on the left fake on the right:

[​IMG]

I recently picked the legit set up in a lot of older g1 toys for a song (36 shipped) but they are 100% legit...crappy stickers but you get the idea, the easiest way to tell is that the bootlegs don't have metal, motormaster has the spring loaded mechanism in tact where the legt one doesn't. break down is clearly a differnt shade of purple and drag strip's chest plate isn't chromed.

17. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I saw that very same Menasor KO in Easter Baskets at K-Mart for $10 and that included candy. This is a BAD deal.

18. Molini

I'm convinced not to let the team (as a whole) go. I still am contemplating getting rid of snarl, slag and sludge for the simple fact that they really are very loose and cant stand well in bot mode...but he still wants them, I just don't think he has anything worth trading for at the moment (for my taste at least)...unless he wants to give up Jetfire for them.

I've only kept them in dinomode for my display with Predaking.

Thanks for all your advice, and keen observations. I see the knockoff now, He will be called on it.

For the record though, he never attempted to sell me anything. He only asked if I would be willing to trade the three dinobots in the pic I provided you guys for any of the MISB reissues and a Binaltech smokescreen (MISB).

I just wasn't interested in the reissues, but would have been interested in a legit and complete Menasor. It's good to know I can get this kind of support on here.

Thanks again everyone!

19. taterx

taterx Lurkin since Transfandom

Dinobots superior.
    Stunticons inferior.

20. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

Keep all of them together. They would be sad seperated.