G1 Dinobot reissues?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Paladine, Jul 20, 2007.

1. Paladine

Paladine Well-Known Member

Has there been any news about the possibility of the Dinobots being reissued? I've been waiting anxiously for them :( 

On a side note, I have seen some pictures of KO Dinobots. Are these for sale anywhere online or are they more likely to be found in person at a random store in Asia?

2. vnutz

vnutz Banned

Ebay:
    they are all over ebay. good first post. asking for KO tfs

3. e3nine

e3nine Poop.

News Credits:
    my god man, get off your freaking high horse and leave the new guy alone.

to the original poster, there are no official dinobot reissues. The Swoop you'll see on eBay is an unofficial reproduction.

4. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    Only ko dinos that we know are out so far is swoop, slude and grimlock will be coming later right now they have mirage wheeljack cliffjumper sunstreaker and a devastator giftset

5. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think it was mentioned that the molds for the Dinobots are missing or something like that.

6. Paladine

Well that stinks about the missing molds. Though the news about Sunstreaker is somewhat encouraging. He was my first TF, ahh I remember it like yesterday when I bought him. It'll feel good to have him in my hands again.

7. vnutz

vnutz Banned

Ebay:
    i know a dude that has a box load of these dinobots. you one a nice MISB one?

[​IMG]

8. Paladine

Sure, if the price is right. Obviously it's not the same as the original, but I don't plan on keeping it MISB anyhow. How can I contact the seller?

9. vnutz

vnutz Banned

Ebay:
    [​IMG]

this one is pretty hot too

10. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    is that yours?

11. vnutz

vnutz Banned

Ebay:
    no, i don't own any of these

12. e3nine

e3nine Poop.

News Credits:
    figures like Swoop (soon to be Mirage, Sunstreaker, and Wheeljack) are "reverse engineered". Instead of using original molds, because they're long gone, people in China make new presses off of existing figures.

by doing so, some figure might not have the tightest joints. Some accessories might not fit right. The KO'ed Swoop has a rocket launcher issue on the wing.

13. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

As was said by LigerPrime the molds are missing. I think it was mentioned at botcon by a hasbro rep. Your only chance is to hunt them down on Ebay. Thats what I did it took 5 years but finally got em all.
    [​IMG]

14. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Welcome to the boards! At the Hasbro panel at Botcon, someone asked specifically about the potential for a reissue of the G1 dinobots; we were told that the molds could not be located. That rumor had been floating around for quite some time, and it was definitely disappointing news to hear it confirmed.

In regard to the KO Dinobots, only Swoop is available at the moment. While there were some quality control problems in the initial run of the KOs, it's really an impressive facsimile of the original. If you want a figure to display in box on your shelf, the KO could be a good decision for you. However, if you're looking to have one to fiddle with, a loose authentic Swoop in good condition is probably going to run you about the same thing as the KO would.

Good luck, and be sure to have a look at this thread to make sure you know what you're buying. KOs are a part of the hobby, and there are unfortunately a few unscrupulous folk who try to pass off the remakes as the originals. It's important to be educated to ensure you don't make poor decisions.

15. Sludge

Sludge Formerly NC Bulkhead

News Credits:
    Damn, you're a jerk. I'm putting you back on ignore. :stick: 

edit: By the way, are you enjoying your KO Cyclonus? Hypocrite.

16. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

Wow, you really are snide. You just can't lay off people who want to buy KOs, what's the matter with you? A KO maker molested you as a kid??

EDIT: Yeah, how's your new Cyclonus doing?? Didn't throw him in the garbage, did you??

17. Sector Seven

Sector Seven ∞ GΣΣK™

Hey guy - welcome aboard. That is not a Dinobot, nor is the second one. I don't know WTH that dude's problem is or why he feels he has to post crap like that, and I'm sorry you had to experience that your first time here.

As far as the other info that you received, that is legit. Check eBay and watch out for KOs... we're here to help if you have more questions.

raltherr, I 2nd that emotion.

18. The621

The621 Fuck you, that's why!

News Credits:
    Let's hope some of the Dinobot KO's land my way... for only $4 each! Then it's kitbashing time!

19. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Paladine, vnutz is just fucking with you. he has no intention of helping you. don't bother listening to anything he says.

20. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Hey, guy, why don't you back off? It was a legitimate question, asked politely in the correct forum with proper grammar and spelling. That makes him about the ideal new poster in my book--you don't like his interest in KOs, fine, but don't hassle him about it.

To the OP: I know your questions have basically been answered. Far as the Swoop goes, check this link out for some detailed specific on how to tell the difference between a real one and the recent KO. There's another, more extensive thread with pics, but I can't find it right now.

For the upcoming KO Dinobots, your best bet is to visit TFW often and regularly, especially the front page. When they start to appear, it'll definitely be reported on by our ass-kicking news team.

EDIT: Here we go, this is a definitive KO Swoop comparison thread:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=128432&highlight=knockoff+swoop+comparison

Me personally, I passed on him d/t the price based on this guy's comments.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2007