G1 Devastator Remake / KO (The Half Decent Version) - Some Questions

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Prescient, Apr 16, 2009.

1. Prescient

Prescient Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hey guys,

I did do a search but couldn’t find anything.

Does anyone know much about the KO / Remake devastator that came out recently? The one with the chrome parts in the close to original box? Is the quality any good on these? I assume it is better than the really cheap KO ones that have been about for a few years.

The reason I ask is I have given up trying to get an original gift set. I sold my totally unmolested MIB one a few years ago but cannot find one even close to its condition (toys unplayed, stickers unapplied etc) so thought I may as well look at a cheaper displayable alternative for now whilst I continue to hunt a G1er down.

Many Thanks

#P

2. krysuk

krysuk Well-Known Member

I picked one up off a seller on ioffer.com for my birthday beginning of march
    First time I'd used that site.
    It arrived in amazing packaging (lots of polystyrene to protect the box) - it was just like I was a kid getting the set I'd always wanted.
    The quality of the toys appear to be pretty good, though there were a few times I was scared to push too hard as I made up the final devastator combination - but think this was just down to the fact it was tightly made - certainly no stress marks on the plastic and it looks pretty damn perfect.
    Stickers are a little fiddly to put on - man had I forgotten the stress of putting stickers on my toys!
    All in all, not a cheap KO - but a great addition to my collection - even thought about picking up a second one to keep in storage, or even a recolour
    Devastator was always one of the combiners I dreamed of having as a kid - and when it comes down to it I'd prefer a good new KO than a second hand vintage set

3. Prescient

Prescient Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have never heard of iOffer before but had a look and found a seller. No better or worse than ebay risk wise I guess.

4. Gadep

Gadep Banned

News Credits:
    pay with paypal and you will be fine....

5. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    Picked up a couple of sets a bit ago and the quality is very good for a ko.

The box is a great display piece and all the weapons/stickers/instructions look close to the original.

6. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    First I heard of this set, how much it run for?

7. T-Logicon

T-Logicon assembles the drones

I like the box it comes in, to compliment my Devastator.