G1 Devastator and Chinese knock-off Devastator

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Lazerwave, Feb 12, 2009.

1. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Buy the real G1 Devastator for a lot of money on ebay will make it appealing and buying a cheap one that is easy to get now, was packaged in a different box and made different will make me a loser. What difference does that make? I mean G1 and Chinese knock-off look the same. And don't say I'm lame, I just want to know if I should get a cheap one even if they say it's fake or I buy a real one and be broke.

2. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    Knock Off will not be the same. It won't be the original will it?

3. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    Explain how.

4. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    Uhm... It won't be the original. That's pretty crystal clear isn't it?

5. 0R10N P4X

0R10N P4X Banned

News Credits:
    If only for display, go with KO.

If for play and/or bragging rights, go with original.

6. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

I'm only planning on getting a KO Devvy for parts. And by parts, I mostly mean the chest plate.

7. Shadow Convoy

Shadow Convoy Stealth Ops Commander

Ebay:
    the quality of the plastic and stickers are drastically different

8. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Can't you use reprolabels?

9. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Reprolabels can't fix plastic quality so crappy it snaps when you so much as look at it.

They sure do make it look a hell of a lot nicer though, although many kos are slightly out of scale with the originals, so your mileage may vary.

10. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

If you find a bootleg Devastator for about 10-15 USD, I'd say go for it. If the price is higher than that I'd skip it and save for the real thing.

Just be careful and get the Devastator KO/bootleg that is packed in a combined mode on a card and is taller than 20 cm, about 22cm or 8 inches. Again get the one packed in a combined mode. I don't own a Devastator KO, but I own a Defensor KO that is packed in a combined mode on a card, just like those micro or mini combiners, except mine is 1:1 (could be a hair bigger, 101-102% of the original). He's very good quality, the best of the combiners I've seen, plastic won't break unless you really force it, and the mold details are realy crisp. All the bots had their faces molded just like the original.

I had a Defensor KO packed in like a box, with all his members in vehicle modes. That one was a complete garbage. That's why I suggest to get a Devs packed in his combined form. I've seen him, and I would have bought him for sure, but I already had an original.

11. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I paid $60 for a complete mint original Devastator a year or 2 back. They're not that much more than that now.
    Go for an original.

12. Razorclaw

Hey, if you can find original Devs for 60 greenees get him!

13. convoymagnus

convoymagnus Yeshua Is Mashiach.

Ebay:
    hey man, I own the original Devs and the new Chinese bootleg giftset, and let me tell you, the quality is 95% the same, the only difference i find between them is that the original plastic seems to be denser than the Bootleg, but let me tell you I own the complete TFcollection from takara and in those original figures that happens also, when you compare the g1 originals to the reissues, the plastic on the originals seems a little bit denser that the reissue.

Another thing here is that there is a Knock-off cheapo KO for $10-15, those are terrible and not worth not even for free, not the bootleg is worth every penny, here are some comparison pics of the Bootleg hook and the original:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Obviously You would not buy a bootleg if you could find an original in a mint fresh state but that is not possible now a day, and if by any chance you do you would be spending your paycheck for 2 weeks.

hope this helps

14. 0R10N P4X

0R10N P4X Banned

News Credits:
    Very unlikely. A complete Devastator now goes easily for 80-120 depending on the condition.

15. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    I went for the original one. Bought from the very nice and now late ( rest in peace man you deserve it) Snackdragon. This item cost me a bit but this unused in very way and was one of Snackdragons 3 MISb he opend up to check the toy out and then sold it to me. Everything is unused on it and was worth every penny

[​IMG]

16. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, assuming you're talking about the cheap KO, the figures are a different size, don't come with all their accessories, poor quality plastic and don't even combine to form Devastator properly.

Good enough for ya?

As for the more recent "high quality" KO... for the prices people try and sell it for, you could get a superior original one loose/complete. Answer is obvious to me.

17. Razorclaw

18. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    I just went ahead and bought the KO constructicons. The only flaws were that Scavenger's arms are backwards, and Scrapper's arms kept falling off when I turned them and his head was backwards. But I just fixed them and I can just paint the faces on the constructicons.

19. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I bought a KO set of Aerialbots as a display set, and frankly, that is as far as it goes. Slingshot's arms came right off just upon inspection. and since they were cheap at the time, i bought another set just for the Superion parts.
    (those Walmart easter baskets were full of win!)
    KOs are to me, nothing more than backups.
    inexpensive, save-your- O.G.'s backups.

never wanted a ko of Devs since my set was always stored, so idk about those.