Minor/Repaint: G1 deco TR Getaway

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Optimus.Magnus, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Optimus.Magnus

Optimus.Magnus Swingin' the chain

The lack of paint apps has been killing me with Titans Return. Getaway/Breakaway is probably the most frustrating, as he is not only a slight retool, but his paint budget went to tampos which weren't even that big. And the light grey had to go.

So a little paint later and we have yet another Powermaster that just needed some TLC (and paint). The greys were turned to dark grey, I added the blue to his arms, which was originally flat white. And I attempted to paint his shins to simulate the rear windshield of his G1 design. I bought the Reprolabels set for this guy to make his vehicle mode more flashy, which made paint (save for his front bumper and wheels) unnecessary, so that's why I didn't add pics.

Paint matching his shins was a chore and it still doesn't look right, but I'm too frustrated to worry about it now. Will probably give him a Shapeways rifle in the future.

My only regret is that I wish Reprolabels had made a 2nd sticker for his chest that said "Racing" the way his alt mode does on the windshield. I say that since his stock chest is obviously painted to resemble his G1 toy, which was the windshield of his alt mode.

getaway.jpg

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  2. CyberstormSM

CyberstormSM Turbo-Revvin' Young Punk

News Credits:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Paintwork looks good!