G1 Cyclonus: A Refortmate of BOMBSHELL? OR SKYWARP?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Ladiesman217643, Sep 13, 2012.

1. Ladiesman217643

Ladiesman217643 Well-Known Member

So we all know that Cyclonus a Reformat of a dead/damaged decepticon, though one of the good ol' G1 F-ups leave some to believe he could have been a Reformat of BOMBSHELL OR SKYWARP...

I believe It was intended to be Bombshell, However I like the Skywarp Idea better,

What Do you guys think? Bombshell? Or Skywarp?

2. AMG

AMG Old School

Bombshell.

3. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

4. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

both.

there are actually two of them, and they like to trade places at various times, to fool galvatron.

:lol 

5. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Doesn't matter, as both Skywarp and Thundercracker were already dead. Their Sparks had already rejoined the Matrix. (Yes, I know that's a retcon.) Therefore, Scourge is not Thundercracker and Cyclonus is neither Bombshell nor Skywarp. They were simply made from the parts of the former Decepticons' corpses. If they even have Sparks, they were probably formed out of Unicron's own Spark.

6. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

ehh i don't know what movie you've been watching. but i recall the seekers being still alive when they were pushed out of astrotrain. "get! make room for others!" so they're pretty much still alive. http://www.zmfts.t15.org/pvc_thundercracker_autobot_city_damage_movie.jpg

as you can see, they are all still clearly still alive.

and as for the insecticons... in the series, there were thousands of them!

so it is safe to say that they were still alive too, lol

so it is still debatable on which is which. as neither thundercracker, skywarp, or bombshell, were dead. like you claimed.

7. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    Its pretty much the same either way. Both were dead and reformatted with completely different personalities, so either works.
    I prefer Skywarp though, because I loved the little implications that Animated Cyclonus was Animated Skywarp.

8. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    *waves hands in a theatrical manner*

"We'll neeeeeeeeeeeeeeevvvvvvvvvaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrr knowwwwwwwwwwwwww!"

I dunno, to me, from a character perspective, it makes more sense for it to be Skywarp, but it's entirely possible it's someone else, or that they were made from spare parts.

9. maku098

maku098 ; solves everything.

News Credits:
    3H and FunPub says it's Bombshell, so I'm going with Bombshell :p 

10. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Doesn't matter to me either way, but I like to have some fun with it. I have my toy display shelves somewhat paralleled in a sense, where Cyclonus & "his armada" are on my Season 3 shelf in the exact same place that Bombshell and Skywarp stand on my Season 1/2 shelf.

11. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Hammer of the Gunplas

Both.

According to the bio for Universe 2.0 Cyclonus, reference is made to his origin as being "built from the chassis of deactivated Decepticons", and his RtS Battle In Space comic appearance has him make mention of having had to delve deep into the memories he has gained from those dead Decepticons he was built from to understand some old challenge term Rodimus uses (one that even Kup was clueless about).

Honestly, it's the only logical answer.

12. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

bombshell as cylcous
    skywarp as scouce

13. MECHADOOM

MECHADOOM I'm Doombot and I know it

Yeah, as Autobot Burnout stated, Hasbro kinda killed this debate by saying that Cyclonus was created out of the remains of MULTIPLE Decepticons. But hey, if you want Cyclonus to be one or the other in your own continuity, knock yourself out.

You could ALSO consider that all of the characters in question showed up with clones during seasons 1 & 2, be it on purpose (Insecticons having the ability to clone themselves) or by accident (animation error with multiples of the same colour Seeker on screen... or was it an error?). So it's possible that the Decepticons used weren't even the original characters. Why did we never see Thundercracker or Skywarp again? Maybe they went to Lord Gyconi's Pit of Destruction to work as enforcers, because they were sick of the war.

14. allew

allew Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    In my mind, the insecticons get upgraded into the deluxe insecticons (Barrage, Chop Shop and Ransack) by Unicron as the Sweeps instead of being merely clones of Scourge.

15. Girl Pants

Girl Pants aka brickonator

News Credits:
    Hardshell

trollface.jpg

16. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    Thundercracker became Scourge, not Skywarp or Bombshell.
    From Bombshell and Skywarp, one became Cyclonus and one became his "Armada".

17. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    I prefer Skywarp do to his being a seeker. In my personal TFverse Skywarp was not completely dead when he was formatted and Cyke does experience some of his memories but only when he is powered down.

18. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

You know, of all the random and miscolored Seekers, I don't ever think Skywarp's deco (or something similar) was one of them. There was obviously the purples and varying shades of blue not-Thundercrackers, but I don't recall any other black ones except Skywarp.

19. MECHADOOM

MECHADOOM I'm Doombot and I know it

Yeah, I was kinda aware of that, but I was only forwarding that theory as a joke. I know that the real answer was that Hasbro wanted to sell new toys, so they added this element of ambiguity as to the creation of these new characters to pick up on the maximum amount of fans. I.E. if you really liked Skywarp, go buy Cyclonus! But hey, if you really liked Bombshell, go buy Cyclonus!

20. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    I stand by my belief: it was Bombshell, which I like better. BUT, I do believe it makes more sense for, and intended to be Skywarp. It does make a LOT more sense to have the Seekers be the main guys, and the Insecticons as the dummies. But I like Bombshell more, and that foreground can't be ignored.