Heavy/Scratch: G1 Cybertronic Optimus Prime (Complete!)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Christopher-2, Dec 4, 2010.

1. Christopher-2

Christopher-2 Well-Known Member

Hello again, This is my completed version of my pre-earth prime based on the g1 mould (The Opty used is actully G2, Shhh!). War for cybertron prime is nice, but I wanted something retro, even clunky.

I decided to star a new thred for it because, by now, the base prime has been heavily modified from what is was and I wanted to present it diffirently... More the way I like to present customs.

The goal here was to hide or remove the more earthly elements of the toy to make it look like it came from Cybertron. Armada Prime's chest went over the grill and classics tredbolt/Jetfire's guns replaced his smokestacks which can still pop right off to become one weapon (Not unlike other optimi).
    And so, I did just that. I Used the exhausts from cybertron swerve to cover the front tires in vehicle mode, only they are used as guns. The rear tires have been replaced with custom fiitted tank treads. Finally His head has been articulated to rotate 360 degrees.

Attached Files:

2. SonOfNemesis

SonOfNemesis Well-Known Member

That's quite an imagination man, looks pretty cool!

3. uncle_elvis

uncle_elvis Member

WOW. Looks almost, almost like the Marvel Comics version of Cybertron Prime. Just way better (Marv's Prime looked like a red box with a gun on top).

4. kdog

kdog Well-Known Member

love the megatron need to do one my self but that prime is a realy good concept of the figure. love how you put tank treads on the two rear wheels. i always say tank treads and lots of guns can make any figure cool!

5. AutoCon2076

AutoCon2076 Brightest can in toolshed

Can we see it with the exhaust/blasters on his arms switched and then tilted up to serve as stacks? Great idea making him into a halftrack; where are those treads from? They appear to fit damn near perfectly.

~Z

6. iDarkDesign

iDarkDesign Rodeo Lawyer

News Credits:
    I really like the clunky vibe! It does actually look like a cybertronian mode conjured up in the start of the 80s.

Very nice!

iDD

7. Christopher-2

Since you asked, I thought I'd put up more pics to show other posibilites with the exhausts. I personally prefered the way they were set up in the first wave of images.
    I don't know too much about the toy the treads came from, but It was a german WWII tank by 21st Century Toys. It came with rubber Treads, so I gutted them and trimmed them down to make sure they would fit prime's rims. Once I did that, I used loctite pecision superglue to hold the treads together. works just fine as a permanent solution. Finally, they can now fit right on prime's back rims, and can roll almost as well as the original tires.

Attached Files:

8. Overhaulimus

Overhaulimus Sword of Fury!

News Credits:
    Dude, like I said in your other thread, if you changed what spoonman said, that it would make it a truly excellent custom and it is indeed that now.

Great job man.

9. scubaboy31

scubaboy31 Digital Gypsy

News Credits:
    fantastic! I'd love to see this idea applied to some other G1 toys.

10. cheetor71

cheetor71 Autobot

Very cool concept there. I like the idea. However, He would look 100x better if you had painted him.

11. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    I LOVE THIS! I can totally see this in a G1 episode. So awesome.

12. Christopher-2

Thank you, that's pretty much what inspired this project. The Marvel comics are the FIRST thing I refer to when I talk about the G1 universe.
    Thanks, I really appreciate your input.

You know... I'm trying to apply the Idea to G1 Starscream, but there's no way I can make it turn into that triangle thing he was in the cartoon.
    He would, I Imagine, if I used muted flat paints and fine silver strokes for battle scars, but I was thinking "Japanese toy from the 80's" and the only thing that could possibly make me happier with opty is if I could chrome-plate some of his parts.

Thank you to everyone who commented so far. All feedback is noted :)