G1 Cybertronian forms question.

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by 26_Mirage, Sep 22, 2007.

1. 26_Mirage

26_Mirage Heroic Stunticon

Is there any "unofficial" canon as to the "pre-Earth" Cybertronian forms of our favorite G1 TFs? I know that in the 'toon we saw BB, Wheeljack, Jazz (I think), & the Seekers in their CYB forms but what about the others? Also, do we accept the G1 'toon version of the Seekers or the Titanium version?

I remember a while back I saw a website (Iacon City) that featured 3D renderings of WW versions of the TFs (Really great work - by the way), could those be considered the "unofficial" official pre-Earth versions?

2. ssjautobot

ssjautobot Banned

News Credits:
    you just blew my mind with the phrase ' "unofficial" offical ' :drunk 

3. 26_Mirage

26_Mirage Heroic Stunticon

Sorry. I just meant the form that most of the TF fandom would accept as the "official" CYB form.

4. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    As with most anything that's open to interpretation in canon, you'll likely get some varied responses.

Probably because I really enjoyed War Within, I've come to think of what's revealed there as the "most official" representation of pre-Earth modes.

Additionally, the fact that toys have been produced on those designs solidifies that claim significantly, in my opinion.

5. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Dreamwave'ss arrangement with hasbro was to create the official canon, so the war within forms are the 100% official ones, even though DW is no more.

6. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    What AMS said.

Considering Hasbro signed off on the War Within comics, designs & toys, I'd say that's as official as it gets. Check the WW TPB's for sketches of used & unused designs (especially the Shockwave & Cosmos designs!), and check the Stormbringer TPB for an unused Astrotrain design, unused Seeker designs that are completely different from what we've seen before, etc.

And thank Don Fig' for virtually ALL of it. Not just a phenominal artist, but evidentially a gifted designer as well :)