G1 Cybertron modes??

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by 26_Mirage, Sep 13, 2006.

1. 26_Mirage

26_Mirage Heroic Stunticon

This topic has probably been beat to death over and over again in the past but are there any resources showing the cybertron modes for tfs from the G1 cartoon? In the first episode we get to see Wheeljack, Bumblebee, the Seekers, and the absolutely awesome alt mode "streetlight" Soundwave (Sarcasm) and a few others but what about the majority of G1 characters we didn't see? I've taken to disigning some of my own using other tfs and lots of Sculpey but are there any "official" designs?? Please help.

2. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

Well,
    I always figured that Ratchet and Iron Hide were probably similar to Cup, but thats not official. If you check Marvel Transformers Universe comics, I believe that they drew a couple extra cybertronian modes as well.
    Some Other official Cybertronian Modes

Cup
    Wheelie
    Springer
    Arcee and Fembots
    Hotrod
    Blurr
    Omega Supreme (Guardian)

3. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

Just thought of some more:

Shockwave
    Jetfire
    Lazerbeak
    And" Defcon" character from the episode "The Gambler"

And basically everything Transformers post "The Movie"

4. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

and presumably Cosmos.

5. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think for Cybertronian modes, if it wasn't explicitly shown somewhere, it doesn't exist "officially"

The closest thing to a 'official' guide for what a wide variety of TFs looked like on Cybertron would be Dreamwave's "War Within" TF comics.

6. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    "Cup"? Is he the partner of Saucer?

7. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

Jazz's Cybertronian alt mode is also in MTMTE. It looks like his Earth more but without the wheels and a bit sleeker. A lot of Cybertronian sports cars seem to hide the wheels or they at least tend to be smaller with less bumpers, etc. Blurr almost looks like he can hover. Possibly Springer, Arcee, Hot Rod and others all kept their Cybertronian modes too as Golden Age suggested. Basically think "futuristic car" in that Sc-fi 50's style and you might come up with some cool designs of your own.

8. Autobus Prime

Autobus Prime Transit Former

He's the best friend of Teaspoon, Cybertron's chief dishwasher. Isn't Cosmos a saucer?

Folks:

The issue of the Marvel G1 book that introduced Blaster and his ill-fated buddy Scrounge (The Smelting Pool? I forget the number) showed Cybertronic altmodes for Blaster, Perceptor, and the 1986 Mini Vehicles. Blaster was an orange computer console. Powerglide was a triangular lifting-body hoverplane with a retractable grappling hook. Warpath was a Cybertronic tank, more rounded than his Earth mode. I believe Cosmos was unchanged, and I don't just now recall what Seaspray, Beachcomber, and Perceptor looked like. I will have to dig out the comic.

This comic also shows an interesting alternate Cybertronic 'seeker jet' design to the commonly seen tetrajets, in the 'hunter-seeker skyships'. While it is not made clear if these can actually transform, their fuselages are nearly identical to those given the Earthbound seekers like Starscream and Thundercracker.

Shockwave, the Jumpstarters, Springer, Roadbuster, Whirl, and Broadside had the same modes on Earth and Cybertron, as did many later G1 characters.

The Dreamwave WAR WITHIN series showed Cybertronic altmodes for many G1 characters.

9. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    Go here to see lots of kick ass CGI 3D pics of G1 characters in their original Cybertronian modes, based on the designs made for The War Within series:

http://www.iaconcity.com

I personally think everything to do with TWW designs are just brilliant, and I actually prefer most of the TF's in these forms vs their Earth modes. If they would make these into proper toys (excluding the tiny War With Titanium series), I would lose my mind. The designs for the Dynobots (before they became Dinobots), the Constructicons & Devastator, Megatron, Prime, the Seekers, Shockwave and most of the original line of G1 characters are especially outstanding.

10. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Technically, since it was the 1980s and the series was supposed to be 2005-2010, how do we know Hot Rod and co. were Cybertron modes? Maybe Earth had those type of vehicles 20 years into the future?

11. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

That's a solid argument. But since it's 2006 now, and we don't have those cars, can we retcon the movie and say that those must have been Cybertronian modes?

12. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    LOL I guess so!

13. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

possible, I used to think that. But after watching the series again it seemed like human technology made huge advancements thanks to their alliance with the autobots. In other words, the TF storyline was not predicting "this is where humanity will be in 2005" but "if Transformers did exist, and made an alliance with humans, the world would change forever". I seem to remember that some humans were even employed by autobots as part of base security.

14. Taker

Taker Chilean TF Fan

And what about Scourge and Cyclonus? I know that they're not purely cybertronian, but they're sort of.

And the Rebirth's Headmasters also look cybertronian.