G1 Constructicons and Devastator - Information/Opinions Needed

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Scantron, Feb 7, 2006.

1. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I purchased a Devastator knock-off awhile ago and like it enough that I've been thinking of picking up the G1 originals. However, I haven't been able to find very many detailed reviews of the Constructicons and Devastator and I'm interested in knowing a little more about the set. If anyone who owns G1 (or G2!) Devastator could provide their thoughts on the set, I'd greatly appreciate it. I'm especially interested in how stable the individual Constructicons and Devastator are (how well they can stand on their own, whether any of them fall apart). Thanks everyone!

2. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    I have both the originals and the KO, and if you like the KO you'll LOVE the originals. My Devestator is definitely loose, but holds together alright...Mixmaster has a hard time staying in the waist piece, but overall I'd highly recommend them!

3. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

The originals are way better the the KOs...i have a KO set as well as 2 sets of the originals...one set is pretty looose and the other is an MIB giftset. Overall...they do not fall apart individually like the KOs i have do...they all stand as well where the KOs I have thend to want to fall over all the time...especially when combined. The combined originals are very good as long as they are tight. If you get ones with some play wear and loose joints...well you get what you pay for lol :) 

Overall Devastator is probably my favorite gestalt...he is Unique among them and def worth getting!

4. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Got every version made with the exception of the original Diaclones... American G1, Japanese G1, orange G2, yellow G2, and European (which has no combiner parts, strangely enough).

As previously stated, moving from the bootleg to an original is like night and day. Highly recommended. :thumbs2: 

There's something iconic about Devastator. Maybe it was because when he came out, none of us (at least in my group of friends) had even remotely fathomed the potential of putting a bunch of Transformers together to make a big one. Today combiners are no big deal - back then it was just unreal. So yeah, much love for Devvy.

5. Devastator001

Devastator001 Prepare for Devastation TFW2005 Supporter

I have the original Devastator. It has always been my favorite gestalt. The only problem I have was Bonecrusher. He seem to be pretty hard to fit into the small metal peg from Hook. All in all, a great set to get.

6. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

I got a complete Devastator (C8) in Euro boxes but really want a giftset box. However I want the box to be to be in C8.5+ and figures to be in excellent conditions but I don't want to pay more than $150 so it's been tough finding one on Ebay. I'd recommend getting the G1 very much. Although I never had KO but I am sure it doesn't compare to G1.

7. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Dude, you better hurry up and get one. Devastator rocks.
    If I may quote the Bible:

"Whoe beist to he who hath never owned a Devastator ofthst thine own. Darkness and a pack of hungry wolves shalt raineth down on thee if thine forsakeths thy responsibility of Devastator ownership. So sayth the Lord"

Don't bother to look it up...it's in there. Mathew 12:08:754-q ....or something.

8. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    get the original for the sake of the individual figures. KO devy's small robot faces look like shite.

9. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

I have G1 Devy paid $100.00 for him about 2 years ago on Ebay and worth every penny. all are in great condition and stand greatly together and seperated. Truely one of the best gestalts IMO.
    [​IMG]

10. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Lets just say I really regret selling an original Devastator I once had in days of yor :(  As I recall it was solid in terms of stability.

Hope they reissue him one of these days.

11. Weirdwolf

Weirdwolf TFYLP Podcast Founder TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Mine's old and floppy (heck, 4 out of the six were within the first 10 Transformers I EVER bought! :p  ) but he still is one of my faves too. These poor guys have been through hell and back and can still hold together, so that's saying something, although out of all my G1s, they feel probably the most fragile now.

12. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    My Devastator are in nice shape and holds togheter very well , I got mine froma friend on another board who hade the giftset in his basment 100% complete he sold it to be for $100 ;) 

Devastator is a bot every Tf collector should have although my personal favorit is Bruticus

13. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks for the recommendations everyone! I found a decent Devastator set and picked it up recently. There's a bit of paint damage, some dirt and a lot of missing stickers, but it's stable and has all accessories. Some cleaning and a set of Reprolabels and it'll be perfect. Much better than the knock-off :thumbs2: 

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

Congrats!!! :thumbs2: 

15. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

lol!

16. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Awesome score man, G1 Dev rule. Authentic is always the best choice . We're older now and should'nt cheat ourself of things we've wanted since we were kids.
    Congrats!

17. Prowl2000

Prowl2000 Keep it sealed

Ebay:
    I picked up the knockoff a few years ago and was very dissappointed with it. It lacked any of the chrome on some of the figures. My brother has the different figures but doesn't have the pieces to put Devastator together any longer. I've been trying to work out a deal with a friend of mine to buy his devastator which I cleaned and restored for him a few years ago. The original Devastator is a very nice cool looking toy.