G1 Constructicon KO - Mint on Card version?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by tilallareone08, Dec 9, 2008.

1. tilallareone08

tilallareone08 Well-Known Member

**********PICTURES NOW ADDED IN THIRD POST!!!!!********

Hi there,

I know the Devastator Giftset has been released as a knock off.

But I have a question about Mint on Cardback Constructicons.... Have they ever been churned out as knockoffs??

I ask because I recently purchased a MOSC Bonecrusher that looks far too green for my liking!

Is there anything I should be looking for on the package that will easily let me know that it is not original?

Only thing I can see is that the copyright says -

1984 Hasbro Bradley, Inc. Pawtucket R.I 02861 USA All Rights Reserved

NOTE : There is no mention of it being made in Japan... Could I possibly have one of the 1990s Chinese reissues? Or could it be one of the newer Knockoffs?

I will try to put a pic up but I don't have my camera sorted at the moment...

Any thoughts - suggestions? Things I should look out for? Any links to sites which show comparisons between MOSC original and fake individual Constructicons?

2. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    I dont know of any constructicon KOs on card like that so you probably have an original but dont quote me on that

3. tilallareone08

Here are the pics I promised (in the pics below compare the MOSC suspected fake version with the opened known original Bonecrusher) Note the differences in copyright stamps on the bottom back.

Another thing to note. Its not clear in the pictures, but the toy itself is SUBSTANTIALLY greener in colour to any of my other constructicons. Not sure is this is a giveaway or if my existing toys are all sunfaded or something...

Thoughts? Real or fake?

Attached Files:

• C.JPG
      C.JPG
      File size:
      597.3 KB
      Views:
    • D.JPG
      D.JPG
      File size:
      815.6 KB
      Views:
    • E.JPG
      E.JPG
      File size:
      766.9 KB
      Views:
    • F.JPG
      F.JPG
      File size:
      781.8 KB
      Views:
    • G.JPG
      G.JPG
      File size:
      717.9 KB
      Views:
    • H.JPG
      H.JPG
      File size:
      644.8 KB
      Views:
    • I.JPG
      I.JPG
      File size:
      754.2 KB
      Views:
  4. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

If those are the pics of the tf you bought, I'd say it's original, but I'm not 100% sure. Might be your old constructicons are yellowed/faded in colour.

5. Polenicus

Polenicus Warring At Play

Ebay:
    I'd research the variants for the Constructicons on the card, but like with Optimus Prime, the variations just in packaging can be huge. A quick check on the internet indicates 'Hasbro Bradley' is a legitimate variant of the Hasbro trademark, specifically in connection with Transformers and their shared properties with Takara.

I notice the green color is even brighter on the instructions on the back of the card, between the opened and the MiSB one. I would suspect sun fading is a possibility. It may also be simply due to a variant in the plastic used.

6. SureShot90

SureShot90 Peace=superior firepower

Ebay:
    It's not a fake and it's not sunfading. As kid I had a couple of contructicons and there were variations in the plastic used, especially in the colour. My Bonecrusher was very green (almost neon) where as my Scrapper was still green but with a yellow tint.
    Again it's one of those countless variations of TransFormers theres out there.

7. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    The lack of "Made in Japan" is usually indicative of the 90's Chinese reissues. If you can see the manufacturer markings on Bonecrusher, these reissues had the "Japan" marking removed or blocked out. Seeing that missing info would convince me that it's a reissue.

I don't know which figures received the Chinese reissue treatment. You may want to contact Might Gaine here on the boards. This is his area of expertise.

8. tilallareone08

Cheers all for your thoughts...

Waiting on Mightgaine's thoughts on this...I've PM'd him and highlighted this thread.

What I'd like to know is : If I do indeed have a 1990's reissue....is it worth substantially less than an original 1984/85 MOSC Constructicon? I paid about 150 US for this one. I'm wanting to see if I can get a partial refund from the person I brought it off...who assured me it was an original - after I expressed my doubts due to the increase in almost identical G1 knockoffs.

9. DeathStorm

DeathStorm Snoochie Boochies

News Credits:
    I'm interested in seeing how this turns out. I'm doubtful that they are KOs, just on glancing at them. Usually the packaging has more differences than just the copyright.

My KO Beachcomber and Bumblebee had color and allignment differences in addition to the copyright - it was a bit more obvious. Unfortunately once I found out they were KOs (no, I didn't pay that much for them) I got rid of them, so I can't post photos.

Of course it's always a possibility that the KO manufacturers are getting better, but that would be more of a stretch for me to believe than these actually being KOs.

10. Might Gaine

Might Gaine The Devil Express

News Credits:
    Macabremouse is right. It's the 1990's Chinese reissue, which is NOT the same thing as a 2005+ Zhong Jin knockoff. 1990's Chinese releases are made by Hasbro. 2005+ Zhong Jin knockoffs are just knockoffs. Full guide to 1990's Chinese reissues here, complete with list of what was released: Comprehensive 1990's G1 Reissue ID Guide | HIGHENDTFS.COM?

Yes, it's probably worth less, but most collectors don't even know about Chinese reissues (unfortunately), so maybe not that much less.

11. mrclean08

mrclean08 G1 FOR LIFE

1990's Chinese Reissues scare the bejeezus outta me!