G1 Constructicon heads for Herc team?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by CyclonuS_ZerO, Sep 21, 2012.

1. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    I'm surprised there hasn't been a third party company to cash in on this yet. I'd easily pay 20-30 per head. Beelzeboss, you reading this? o_O 

2. Squall42080

Squall42080 Autobot RSX Type-S

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Whoa, whoa, whoa...let's not be hasty. Don't give them a price! $20 a head!? That's $120 for the set plus shipping!

I'd be interested too...but not at that price! Call Crazydevy if you want those prices. Beezleboss would at least give you the appropriate G1 weapons to go with the upgraded head for the higher price.

3. Shatterpoint

Shatterpoint Neato

News Credits:
    You want G1? Go for Giant.

4. MACRAPTRON

MACRAPTRON Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was working on them, but had to drop the project as I ran out of free time. Plus I couldn't find a business partner to cast the parts in ABS plastic. Maybe I'll offer them through Shapeways sometime in the near future.

5. Girl Pants

Girl Pants aka brickonator

News Credits:
    Personally, I think they're all close enough already.

6. Crimson87

Crimson87 Senior Member

Exactly... lets bring that down to 10 dollars a head at max 60 total. Like girls will often say to each other "Don't just give up the goods for free. Make'em work for it." I too would anticipate heads, appropriate guns, and at least a reach around while still getting screwed for that price.

What will be will be. Some people don't necessarily like the current heads. This is OK... I'd like a couple heads to be more G1... but the old school Longhaul head probably wouldn't work for me. Also I don't have Giant... I have Herc and that's what I would want new heads for. Besides I've heard Giant has his own share of not looking G1-ness in some aspects as well.

Same here, but I'd probably still go for slightly better looks. I mean look at the Igear Kup head with cygar that replaced the G1 looking original... is that new one not freakin awesome!?

7. Donnie707

Donnie707 Well-Known Member

I agree. A good head goes a long ways

8. OptimusTimelord

OptimusTimelord Masterpiece Reanimator

Hope you can make them available somehow, I have Herc incoming soon and I really like what you did with the heads :thumb 

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/539803-tfc-constructicons-heads.html

9. originaljk

originaljk Technobot

I don't own a Herc, but given the insane amount of light piping those figures have, I doubt anyone would really be interested in buying 3rd party replacements. Seems like more of a downgrade to me.

10. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

With new heads?

So you have heads that look right but most of the bodies don't?

I think the heads are just fine any way, its updated g1 not slavish g1 but I'm not everyone so good luck to you.

11. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    Not really interested in Giant. Herc has been my preference from the start. The heads aren't bad, but they'd still look better with slightly more G1 accurate heads.

I really hope you can get this ball rolling again. These would've been spot on!

12. Soundwave3k

Soundwave3k TFW2005 Supporter

I would absolutely love new heads for these guys! I've even started a couple of threads like this but no one seems to be making them. A couple of the headsculpts are close (Dr. Crank and Structor come to mind), but ones like Neckbreaker and Madblender could really use some new heads.

And MACRAPTRON, your heads look stunning! I really hope they can somehow get produced on a larger scale.

13. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    My only issue with having slavish G1 heads is that it will make the bodies look very off.

I think at this point I have spent so much time and energy with Herc (megathread) that they are perfect the way they are because I have grown attached to Hercules as its own set not as a representation of Devastator with changes made to avoid being sued.

14. Astronut

Astronut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'll never display them individually, so I don't see any point in new heads.
    And the G1 Hercules head looks kind of bad on him, in my opinion. Some G1 stuff isn't that wonderful, devastator's head is one of those things.

15. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    Ditto

16. Timesynch

Timesynch Go For Broke! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Dr. Wu may answer the call but he seems pretty focused on the TFP line for add-ons.