G1 Commemorative Seacons / Piranacon

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Falldown, Jul 28, 2010.

1. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    This set is so /so

stickers are wonky...already peeling off...
    the leg joints that hold the combiner legs in place are not tight...some seacons flap around and some fall out entirely...

This set is better than the OTFCC set...the god neptune set is the best by far...

2. microclone

microclone Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i will never understand the reason for the pre applied stickers, its not like that this toy had to look good in a store, well not in the USA at least.

3. TreKain

TreKain All Will Be Well TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    So I just got mine and it took me a few minutes staring at it before I realized what was wrong.

[​IMG]

Piranacon's head is missing. I havent opened it yet, but it isnt loose in the (clear portion of the) package, and all other shots show it packaged with the head on. Should I tear it open and look for it in the bottom section (with the other pieces?) or should I just talk to BBTS first? Is anyone else's like this, or am I just "lucky".

4. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    :lol  true this! and mine still aren't 100% straight XD mineis in my Pile of loot and can't wait to get it.

5. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh damn. I would just contact BBTS right away.

6. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I totally agree with Bats here.

Also, I know that some may not want to spend the extra money, but if labels are such a concern, there's always the reprolabels set.

7. DoctorJoe

DoctorJoe who?

News Credits:
    little disappointed in the QC on this set... I compared it to the original which is 23 years old side by side and the older one compares favorably.

8. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Got mine today and love him! He's my first G1 combiner and I love the scramble city play pattern! I only have 2 problems:
    -Stickers look/feel cheap
    -Snap Trap dosen't seem to be able to hold his weapons in his right fist without being underslung. Might file it down to fix it but does anyone else have this problem?

9. LifePincher

LifePincher BBTS is the SOURCE!

Can you please post a BIG pic of side by side comparisons of the two?
    Same pose please.

10. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    I told them to ship my pile of loot on Sunday (Piranacons, Darkmount, Breacher, Oil Pan, and Ice Cream Truck Twins), still waiting for it to leave the warehouse. Don't worry though, I already have another pile (WFC Megatron and Soundwave, Red Alert, wave 2 PCCs) so I can wait all over again :lol 

11. Powersa

Powersa Car Robots

News Credits:
    Today is the first time I hold Seacons in my hand, I'm not disappointed.

12. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Agree, the set is only $14 and will totally make the figure better.

13. Blot

Blot The most disgusting of all Transformers.

News Credits:
    Got this guy today and I guess I got a "lucky draw" in that I don't really have any glaring QC problems besides two stickers that are peeling up at the corner a little. Straightness wise they're better than expected--no worse than I would have done (although I've never been good at applying stickers, lol). Everything seems snug enough--Overbite's gun even stays in place nicely in shark mode.

Anyway, he looks great in the package and out. All the Seacons are bigger than I expected as well which was a nice surprise. I really like how they look in each mode as well, especially the beast mode. For whatever reason, I find myself liking Nautilator the best.

The collector cards are a nice touch too--really cool.

Yeah I do, although it's not much of an issue for me since I reserve the sword for Piranacon alone. I think Peaugh's review showed the same issue and he said it was easily fixable.

14. anubis20

anubis20 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    I was happy to get my set and keep it MISB and this is the first thing I saw when I opened the box :( 

[​IMG]

15. LifePincher

LifePincher BBTS is the SOURCE!

Peek-a-Boo........ I see you! Not as strong as you think you are now, eh? :D 

16. Powersa

Powersa Car Robots

News Credits:
    Look it's a two headed monster!

17. Mightion

Mightion There is ALWAYS room.

News Credits:
    Mine came like that, but my toys come out of the boxes anyway.

I had that issue where Snaptrap's hands were too tight to hold the gun and sword, but once I shoved them in there first time, they're fine now. There's probably a little bit of flash in his fist holes, like there was on mine.

I got the Reprolabels set today, mainly because one of stickers inside Overbite's lower leg sections got damaged somehow, and a few - particularly the triangular ones on Skalor's beast mode legs/robot mode arms were sticking up a bit.

Unfortunately, this is due to the pink sections not fitting together well to each other, putting a ridge right down the middle of where those stickers go. I applied the reprolabels slightly the outside to minimize it, since that ridge was causing even them to not stay put 100 percent in that area. (Side note - those same two spots on TFCC Skalor's legs are much smoother, with only a slight "ridge" on one side; not enough to affect the TFCC upgrade Reprolabels on him.)

Anyway, as much as I'd like to replace all the factory stickers on Piranacon with the Reprolabels, by and large, the others were applied pretty well, even if they don't have the shine of the foil Reprolabels.

18. microclone

News Credits:
    got my set. overall more impressed than i was anticipating, it doesnt look as cheap as i was expecting, it doesnt have the super etched and shiny look of the G1 piece but its not bad. Most parts do click into place well and some have a more satisfying snap than youd expect, only snaptraps heel spurs are not locking as i assume the vintage piece would have done, some nailvarnish might help there??

even the stickers arent too bad. tantakil in beast mode seems to emulate teh g1 look teh best with his shiny black paint.

Quite impressed, feels a lot nicer overall than my ruination snow camo walmart set, i was expecting something more akin to that. The sculpt overall is a mixed bag with some sloppy looking parts but mostly quite sharp looking.

plus its a lot of simple fun to. great to get a bag full of bits and its noce that teh entire contents can be easily lifted from box by just cutting the tape on the lid!!

19. DeltaEcho

DeltaEcho The Last Gunslinger

News Credits:
    I just finished playing with my Piranacon for the first time and all in all Im happy with him. He does feel a little cheap, especially Overbite. I thought I was going to end up breaking him while I was trying to rotate his beast head, the plastic seems really thin and brittle. The stickers are pretty bad too, but I was expecting that based on other reviews. But for 60 bucks to get 6 very unique G1 figures complete that combine into a beast of a robot, you cant really go wrong.

20. microclone

News Credits:
    my snaptraps right heel spur actually clicks into place if pushed down a bit, it allows him to stand. Inserting a bit of paper into teh joint on the left before the spur is brought down allows it to remain in place, i might try some layers of varnish too.