G1 comic Optimus/Skorponok 'ship

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Funky Munky, Aug 10, 2011.

1. Funky Munky

Funky Munky G.I. Formers & Trans-Joe TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    What was the event that caused Skorponok to ally with Powermaster Optimus until he got burned by Unicron and Prime called him, "old friend".

2. Cobalt Agent

Cobalt Agent My dick kills dinosaurs

3. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Minecraft Addict

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  4. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    They teamed up to take down Unicron, who posed a threat to Autobots and Decepticons alike.

How incredibly helpful. :rolleyes2 

5. Cobalt Agent

Cobalt Agent My dick kills dinosaurs

Oh yeah, because linking him to the largest source of info for fans is sooo burdensome. God forbid people do a quick search for the characters they want to ask about and get a quick answer as opposed to fifty new members making threads ranging from "Why did X Y and Z happen" to "Why didn't Optimus do a barrel roll to save Hot Rod". I for one am glad every time I see a new topic from Funky Munky, GENOZAUR, and Wheeljack30...

Not to sound like a dick, but anyone could search for this and get an answer in under 2 minutes.

Personally I wish the link to the wiki was stickied just so fans didn't have to post threads like these.

Attached Files:

6. The Madness

The Madness News Credits: -13

I get the impression that Funky Monkey is trying to stimulate discussion by asking questions. The TFWiki is generally known as a helpful resource of information, and is heavily promoted on the boards. I reckon FM knows it's there already.

Sure, 99% of TFGD has been discussed (ad nauseam) before, but not everyone's been around forever I guess.

My contribution: Skorps was also aware of dissent in his ranks, and originally accepted Prime's surrender to show strong leadership of the Decepticons by victory from the Autobot's capture. Zarak's influence and vulnerability eventually led Skorpy to heed Prime's warnings, and seemingly to confide in the enemy leader in light of the greater threat.

This development was a standout event in a Decepticon leader's portrayal. And I think, for many people, it gave greater meaning to his death.

7. cappeca

cappeca wtf is this?

Well, this is a *discussion* board section, not an *information* board section. Maybe the OP wanted to discuss on the subject. I'm not saying you're the case - I see your point - but most people that reply with links have an attitude of "RTFM and don't bother me", while they could be equally not bothered by not reading the thread, not replying or ignoring the OP altogether.

8. Funky Munky

Funky Munky G.I. Formers & Trans-Joe TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    cappeca, should I be honored that I'm not on your ignore list? ;p

9. Autobus Prime

Autobus Prime Transit Former

It's a good question, really. Reading the comic, the team-up doesn't seem like enough history for Ops to say that. Comic ops is a bit of a dramatist, but it still sticks out.

I wonder if Furman intended that that as an indication that Hi-Q's personality had already merged with Optimus's, because Hi-Q and Zarak did have a lot of history, back on Nebulos. It would make a lot more sense, that way.

Zarak's end was kind of a letdown. He had an excellent story arc leading up to the alliance, and then...he got melted without really hurting Unicron. It's a shame he couldn't have gone out actually helping Optimus somehow, but Prime always has to be the only one to fix things. :)