2D Artwork: G1 comic continuation issue - Bludgeon 'spotlight'

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by bluestreak1701, Mar 15, 2007.

1. bluestreak1701

bluestreak1701 Well-Known Member

Hi guys,

This is a bit disjointed from the other issues (should be about ish 15 I think) but I came up with the story and couldn't wait to write it. I'd planned to do several 'one-off' stories after the multipart issues and so this would be one of them. (bit like IDWs spotlights - they fit in with main continuity but aren't essential for the story) Anyway, hope everyone enjoys it and please feel free to leave feedback.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Z28 Autobot

Z28 Autobot Well-Known Member

looks good! I havnt seen the other issues yet but from what I see here it looks nice. Only thing I see is that some pages look amazing and well detailed. Where some look "fast" or drawn without the same amount of time put into the last.
    Some great facial expressions! :D 

You do have a good flow of the bots with one another.!!!

3. Drax

Drax The Dark Light

Nice dude! The pics are pretty kool whether they range from detailed to fast sketched, they fit right in with the story =)

4. surak777

surak777 Autobot Musician TFW2005 Supporter

nice dude I love the story.. I'm hooked!

5. bluestreak1701

Thanks guys, try looking here for the previous issues if you've not seen them before.

http://s163.photobucket.com/albums/t286/jimbo1701/

One of the problems I have is I draw the images completely out of sequence and then have to resize and crop scanned images to fit them to the pages. This might be why the quality varies on some images. Next issue I do I'm gonna try to draw the whole page as it should be laid out on paper then scan it in - might make life easier and art more consistent. Cheers.

6. Quintesson #1

Quintesson #1 Eater of Fuzzy Stuff

You need to do a LOT more with the background. Didn't feel like completely reading it, because it looks and feels (even though it's just pencil stage) far from finished.

That and the consistency you mentioned yourself. But keep working on it. :)  Force yourself to do backgrounds even if you think you suck at them or you don't feel like it. Characters without background have no context and are just pinups floating in space with textballoons surrounding them.

7. The621

The621 Fuck you, that's why!

News Credits:
    Awesome.

8. bluestreak1701

This is true. In the earlier issues I did pencil shade the backgrounds but then when it came to myself (or others) trying to photoshop them the shading made for a real messy job. Check out issues 6 at the link below and you can see the difference between the colouring with (first 2 pages) and without pencil shading beforehand. I'm trying to improve with photoshop in the hope I can one day colour them but it's a slow, slow process. For now (and at least until I can get the colouring aspect sorted) the art is just a medium for telling the story - I always preferred comic books to books ;) 

http://s163.photobucket.com/albums/t286/jimbo1701/

9. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Great job so far.