G1 Combaticons

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Wheeljack30, Nov 8, 2011.

1. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

I am confused, when Starscream rebuilt them on that island he went in the detention chamber in back on Cybertron to get the personalities from Renegade Decepticons, under Megatron's orders Shockwave had their personalities removed. But why did Megatron wanted the Renegade Decepticons out of the picture? When Starscream restored their personalities in their bodies to become the Combaticons, they wanted to finish off Megatron in the Subway and let him be destroyed on Earth, they remember what Megatron did to them in the past? But I'm surprised they didn't know who Starscream when they re-awakened.

Thanks

2. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They might have been put in detention before Starscream joined the Decepticons or Starscream wasn't high in the ranks then so they didn't know about him. Starscream probably learned about them reading records.

3. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

I do like the idea of their crime being one of those "untold stories" of G1... I imagine they probably rebelled against Megatron or something, but it's a fun idea.

zmog

4. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Although it's only a universe "very much like" the G1 cartoon but not *exactly* like it, the current story in the Transformers Collectors' Club magazine has been set during the pre-war period and has covered, among other things, how the Combaticons wound up in the detention centre.

5. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

They COULD address it in the WFC/FOC series, but then G1 would become part of the aligned continuity

6. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus #MoreSawBoss

News Credits:
    I must say, it has been one of the Club's more engaging storylines so far, and I've always been fascinated by the Combaticon origin, so I was intially very interested (and really DID enjoy certain aspects of where the took it), but my over-all reaction now that we've finished the arc is to agree with zmog:

(emphasis mine)

Like much else, sometimes NOT knowing is inifinitely more fun.

7. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

Seems like the most logical answer.

8. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Oh yeah, I remember something about that now... the Combaticons were part of the Autobot Elite Guard or something, right?

There is that too... something George Lucas managed to illustrate quite well, much to the lamentation of a generation of Star Wars fans... sometimes what is suggested, implied or left to our imaginations is much more epic and inspiring than playing it all out. I guess, to some extent, that is the function of myth...

zmog