Customs: G1 Colored Fire Convoy Prime?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by G60Force, Jan 17, 2011.

1. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    Hy huys has this been done...

I was wonder how I could keep a complete RED fire truck...

But have the Real Optimus Fire Convoy shine in Super Robot mode :D 

So I did a quick DigiBash... what do you guys think, should I do this or finish my Nemesis Fire Convoy (since that you seems to exist :(  didn't knew until I started)

Attached Files:

2. G60Force

Ebay:
    and?

3. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] BATTLE GAIA!

News Credits:
    ^Dude..that looks hot. Id hit it if E-hobby decides to make it a Japanese exclusive..

4. G60Force

Ebay:
    thnx :D  I growing fastly fond of it too... and considering I have a spare ;) 

5. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

I've certainly never seen it done before, but imagine for the most part it could work.
    The trick would simply be to make sure you didn't paint any of the areas that'd be exposed in truck mode, but enough of the super mode folds in on itself that you should be able to apply enough blue for the reference to fly. You seem to have taken that into account on your digibash, since you've got the fronts of the foot-parts painted blue and not the rest (you could actually do the insides as well, though). Just thought it was worth reiterating.

You would need to be careful with the head, though, as that is still visible in truck mode. Although it is positioned tilted down, so you could probably paint a good deal of the front of the head (and possibly even the sides, as the jowl panels can be concealed by the antenna-guns in vehicle form); enough for the reference to hold, while still not losing too much of the red.

6. minsok

minsok Well-Known Member

Meh. Just because you CAN do something, doesn't mean you SHOULD. G1 Prime wasn't even a firetruck. I don't think it's an improvement of the original colors. If you're paint happy, he makes an amazing Hot Spot.

7. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    If you want to do it, then do it. If you don't want to, don't. If this is for your collection, then would you be happier if it was in your collection? Does it fill a void that's currently in your collection?

If you're making it to sell, then I don't really know that there would be much of a demand for this type of custom. Then again, you never know what kind of chord you hit with a custom.

I really don't know how to be much more helpful than that.

8. stprime

stprime Exclu-DEAD

it does work and it has been done before. i painted and posted these at tfans in '07.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

sharing these makes me want to pull it back out and work on it some more. add yellow to the forearms and remove the factory lite blue from the cab. i don't think i ever did reattach the ladder so i'll need to do that too.

9. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I think whether you do or not, you should start project threads of each of your older pieces :wink:  I always enjoy seeing your work, bud :) 

10. Alloy Alchemist

Alloy Alchemist Decepticon sympathizer

i started somthing like this a while back then kinda put a power master look to him mid-stream and havnt touched it in months....theres a thread somewhere here(http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/301167-w-i-p-prime.html) and he is in somewhat g1 colors(not finished) i just now re-looked at the thread and you have already commented on it..lol

11. G60Force

Ebay:
    yup but there's a big difference... I wanted to leave the bright red firetruck mode untouched :D 

What you did is awesome, but totally different and guess you could have known if you read the first post right ;) 

12. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

I say you should get those combiners finished already. Stop messing around with other stuff and finish them! Now! ;) 

And yeah, i'm not a fan of this idea. It ain't G1, it ain't RID. It's just like First Strike Prime, it's a wasted repaint slot that oculd've gone to someone else. In FSP's case that was Onslaught. Here, it's Hot Spot. Simple.