Minor/Repaint: G1 Classics Megatron

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Optimus_Prowl, May 29, 2008.

1. Optimus_Prowl

Optimus_Prowl I'm the Goddamed Two-Face

News Credits:
    Not alot I can say about this one as I don't really remember much about doing it. (It was about a year ago) I just remember wanting to make my Megatron look like something other than a nerf gun. I repainted him into this. I also performed the wing removal mod.

I think he came out pretty good. I drybrushed him mostly with silver Acrylic paint and black glossy for his legs. I also added some minor details here and there with some red. I spray painted the wings/shell silver and left it so they could still (not pictured) and detailed that with some red stripes. Tell me what you guys think.

Edit: forgot to put that this was my entrance into the world of TF customs. IE my first one.

Attached Files:

2. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    not bad man. I'd suggest poping off the two orange pieces and dying them black (or paint if you must, but dye won't just rub off) and I'd paint clear red paint over the clear green parts of the wings, and also on the back of his head so his eyes will glow proper Decepticon red. Nothing hard to do :) 

Good job for your first.

3. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

Same as Redline, great first bash.

4. MrMurder

MrMurder Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    i like it.
    i wonder if the clear green would look good colored purple instead of red to match the decepticon logo

5. Optimus_Prowl

Optimus_Prowl I'm the Goddamed Two-Face

News Credits:
    I dunno I kinda like the green it blends well with the silver in gun mode for me. I might have to redo the eye section though. I still don't linke the green lightpiping on his eyes. I was also thinking about redoing the sliding leg bits in flat black rather than glossy.

Also does anyone know how to take off the orange cap? I want add an LED light inside the fusion cannon to make it glow red when looked into.