G1 characters

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Yoakem, Aug 9, 2011.

1. Yoakem

Yoakem Well-Known Member

Do ANY of them have an introduction, or am I missing something? So far Inferno and Red Alert have come out of nowhere, and some guy with a gurgling water voice. Where the hell...? So confused!

And I hoped to figure the characters out by season 2...*shakes head*

Does it ever get any easier? ._.

2. kanvis

kanvis Well-Known Member

No. lol

Many did have introductions in the pilot episodes when Optimus had the autobot "transform and roll out".(remember these names when you go to the store, kids!) But yea, some bots just kinda show up and everyone acted like they already been there for awhile.

3. SoundBlaster7

SoundBlaster7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not really, except the combiner teams.

4. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

Didn't the Dinobot Island two part episode kinda feature a lot of the season two Autobots sort of making sure everyone heard them say their names. It appeared to me like they were introducing themselves to the audience.

5. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    If by introduction, you mean "hey ______, <smarmy comment about personality defect>" "Don't make me use my <character special ability>", that's pretty much as in-depth as it gets.

6. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    I think the only ones that had proper introductions were the Dinobots, the Constructicons, the Insecticons, the Aerialbots and the Combaticons. Of course the Constructicons introductions were rendered null & void as soon as the "The Secret of Omega Supreme" episode showed up.

7. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, if those are the only new arrivals you've noticed I can't imagine you're watching the episodes in the right order, but the basic answer is unfortunately "no". Warpath and Powerglide make brief first appearances in "A Prime Problem" and Inferno pops up in "The Insecticon Syndrome", after which "Dinobot Island" is treated as the showcase introduction for nearly all of the new 1985 toys. No explanation is offered for where any of them came from, but the two-parter is clearly written to be most of their debuts, as many characters get stilted introductory lines in which they announce they names and say what they're good at. A few more characters make debut appearances over the next few eps, but again, no explanations are offered, except for Omega Supreme, whose origin is given in "The Secret of Omega Supreme" - though that's still like half-a-dozen episodes after he actually first appears. Origins aren't dished out until the combiner teams arrive in the last dozen episodes of season 2, and even then, out of the four, one team still doesn't manage a backstory.

8. Boulder

Boulder Rock Lord

Most of them had better introduction stories in their respective toy commercials. "...but Optimus Prime has a suprise of his own. Intorducing..."

9. Transfotaku

Transfotaku Transformer Otaku

And then again in FFoD.

Fun fact: Red Alert was going to be an 84 release and a season 1 Bot. But Hasbro decided they already had plenty of rescue vehicles, so they put him in the 85 line and s2.

With Inferno. And the Protectobots.

So Prowl and Ratchet were 'plenty of rescue vehicles' but 6 others weren't? ;)