G1 Character you'd like to see updated

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Polenicus, Jan 17, 2009.

1. Polenicus

Polenicus Warring At Play

Ebay:
    I know this thread has been done many times before, but I just had a thought pop into my head, and I need to get it out.

I was thinking about character updates, and highly sought G1 characters. Someone mentioned the price of getting Sixshot these days, and I grinned, because I got him retail.

Then I thought 'Y'know, it's a real shame he's such an unposeable brick, because he's one of the coolest Transformers I own'

Then my mind conjured an image, of a Masterpiece Sixshot. Basically much like the original toy, but better proportioned and poseable in robot mode. One or 2 of the alt modes would naturally suffer a bit, but...

Holy Crap would that be cool! He's supposed to be a kind of Decepticon ninja, giving him the actual poseability to show that, while retaining the 6 modes would be incredible.

But then the rational, logical part of my mind took over, and asserted that it would never happen, that the engineering required would be an utter nightmare, and the required price point would put him completely out of the market.

An ultra-sized Universe 2.0 version would also rock, but likely have the same issues preventing it from coming to pass.

So, are there any G1 toys on your shelf that you look at and dearly wish would get an update to modern engineering, even if you know it's impossible?

2. AMG

AMG Old School

After seeing what they did with Cyclonus, I'd love to see a Universe release of Scourge.

3. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

In before someone says "why don't they release the Titanium Scourge but made entirely of plastic?":rolleyes: 

To be honest, I'm waiting on the usual suspects: Jazz, Wheeljack, Trailbreaker, etc. Basically the G1 Season 1 and 2 cast. Oh, and Snapdragon. The original is still pretty kickass, so an update could be sufficiently awesome to end the universe.

4. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    A Classics/Universe styled Highbrow :D 
    [​IMG]

5. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

All of them.

6. shadow panther

shadow panther Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
    i want more Beast Wars updates

7. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 'Civil' Nintendo Fanboy

News Credits:
    Hmm... I'd like an updated Blitzwing

8. UTF

UTF Manifestation of /toy/

News Credits:
    Sixshot and the Horrorcons

Sixshot's proportions and altmodes (save for the winged wolf) looked pretty good. All they'd really have to do is incorporate some extra universal joints and Bam! Instant Classics Sixshot.

Snapdragon was pretty good too. Apeface would probably need the most work.

9. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Classics Jazz. Soundwave and Shockwave and a better Classics Devastator (big deluxe or even Voyager size versions of all six Constructicons).

After that, Classics versions of all G1 pilot characters that haven't gotten one yet (deluxe versions of Brawn, Huffer, and Gears like the first versions of Bumblebee and Cliffjumper that came out).

As for other lines, Masterpiece Soundwave, Shockwave, Jazz and Jetfire. And if Animated is G1 reborn...Inferno, Bluestreak, Sideswipe, Sunstreaker and the remaining Seekers and all six Constructicons/Devastator.

10. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    WHEELJACK!

...and Soundwave, Shockwave, other cassette-bots, Kup, Blurr, Rodimus Prime, Insecticons, the rest of the Dinobots, Sweeps, and "His Armada".

11. Obvious Prime

Obvious Prime Purple Repaint

News Credits:
    Bludgeon.