G1 Cassettes question

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by SideSwipe82, Jul 5, 2006.

1. SideSwipe82

SideSwipe82 Well-Known Member

how many decepticon cassettes(toy) are there all together in US release in the 1980s?
    in Japan?

Autobot cassettes in US release and Japan exclusive?

thanks

2. voltron2008

voltron2008 TFW2005 4 LIFE

I see a guy has a soundawave with 7 of em......on e-bay, probly a lot more though Buzzsaw, Rumble, Squawktalk, Beastbox, Slugfest ,Overkill, Ravage, Ratbat...ummmmm

3. Overlord II

Overlord II Starscreamicon Leader TFW2005 Supporter

Don't forget Frenzy and Laserbeak.

4. Draco Prime

Draco Prime Autobot

American versions:
    Decepticons - Frenzy, LaserBeak, Rumble, Ravage, Buzzsaw, Ratbat, Slugfest, Overkill, Squalktalk, Beastbox

Autobots - Rewind, Steeljaw, Ramhorn, Eject, Grand Slam, Raindance

5. SideSwipe82

SideSwipe82 Well-Known Member

thanks..what about the japanese versions for auto and decpt?

6. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    As far as I know, the only japanese exclusive tapes are the super rare Autobot Dino Cassettes: Graphy, Noizu, Zaur, and...dammit I forgot the last one's name. I'll search for it but I'm sure someone else knows it.

*Edit: I think the fourth one's name is Dial but I'll have to double check*

*Edit 2: Yeah it's Dial.*

7. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    US Decepticon -
    Rumble, Frenzy, Ravage, Laserbeak, Ratbat, Overkill, Slugfest, Beastbox, Squawktalk (Beastbox and Squawktalk merge to form Squawkbox).

US Autobot -
    Ramhorn, Steeljaw, Eject, Rewind, Grand Slam, Raindance (Grand Slam and Raindance merge to form Slamdance).

The first run cassettes for the Decepticons, and the combiner sets for both sides have silver weapons. However, the 1986 assortments (Autobot Cassettes, as well as the Decepticons Frenzy and Ratbat) came with either gold or silver weapons. Gold was prevalent, but the silver ones are fairly easy to come by even so.

Japan Exclusives -
    Steeljaw & Buzzsaw (Twincast and Soundblaster versions, respectively. They had added stickers to display damage readouts of Scorponok and Fortress Maximus respectively).
    Dial & Zaur, Noise & Graph - merge to form Legout and Decibel respectively (might have the combinations and the pairs switched though). Very rare!

Reissue "variations"
    Howlback and Garboil - these are an E-Hobby exclusive, known also as the "Cobalt Sentries". Repaints of Ravage and laserbeak, released at the same time as Soundblaster.
    Reissue Soundblaster's Ravage also had the damage sticker that the vintage Steeljaw and Buzzsaw that came with Twincast and Soundblaster had.
    E-Hobby Flip Sides - A repaint of Rewind / Eject that was included with E-Hobby's Twincast reissue, she features BOTH of the damage stickers from the vintage versions of the cassettes for Twincast and Soundblaster, reflecting her role as a double agent.

KOs:
    There's been a few KO sets of Frenzy & Laserbeak appearing of late. As well as the original colours, there are crystal (clear) versions, fire and ice versions (clear red and clear blue respectively), "black" versions, and I think there might also be white versions (might be imagining that last one, but I know the rest are genuine).

I think that's all of them! There's more than I ever gave them credit for that's for sure.

8. SkyQuake

SkyQuake What's Quakin'?

Where are the molds to the Japanese Dinos? They would be very cheap for TakaraTomy to reissue. (Same with the bodyless Headmasters)

9. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I would absolutely LOVE for dino cassette reissues...however I think the backlash and death threats from those who sold their testicles for the originals would be earth-shattering and nigh-apocalypse-inducing. I just like hyphens.