G1 cartoon part of a 1980s "Hasbro-Verse"?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Nevermore, Jan 23, 2006.

1. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
  2. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    huh....crazy hasbro....i wonder if they ever planned cross overs....

3. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James The JUICE

Well I do remember Cobra Commander appered in an episode of Transformers Season 3/2010.

4. Soundwarp

Soundwarp Next victim please TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:

:eek:  That's right he did too, he wore a trench coat and big hat!

5. FreshDebesh

FreshDebesh <b><font color=brickred>oye chak de phatte!</font> Veteran

Yeah, I was always aware that GI Joe and Transformers were the same universe, since they were both Sunbow cartoons, but I didnt know about Jem and Inhumanoids. I'm guessing they were also made by Sunbow?

6. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    :lol  what a hilarious read. Yet it all makes sense.

There is one goof up. The timline has Unicron being defeated in 2015 not 2005.

7. Pidgeot018

Pidgeot018 Pokécon

Why stop there? Perhaps the Decepticons once destroyed a house made of Lincoln Logs. Did the Autobots ever meet Mr. Potato Head? Would Cobra Commander have struck an alliance with Candy Land's Lord Licorice?

8. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

So that means that Cobra Commander is the one who set up Kenedys assassination......it all makes sense....

9. Vialli

Vialli Fantastic

HAHAHA Fantastic! :rock  :lol  :lol 

10. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sunbow made My Little Pony, too. Does that mean My Little Pony is part of the Transformers universe, too? :p 

11. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

News Credits:
    oh dear lord this is just sick

12. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

hehehe

Anyway, I always watched these shows thinking that they were supposed to be going on in the same universe.
    Funny that you found that site Nevermore, i've been there before.

13. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    weird...but awesome!

man, i forgot how hot gem was. i'd hit it.

p.s. good work as usual nevermore. the city of gotham thanks you. to the nevermobile!

14. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

oh man my girlfriends a big jem fan. this'll learn her.

15. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

Cobra Commander had a cameo in 3rd season episode "Only human" as Snake, and at the end he yells "Coobraaaa...coughcoughcough".

16. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    minogue sisters, droolz *temporal lost cognitive skills*

17. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The connections look something like this:

Foremost is really Hector Ramirez, as noted on the linked site. He appeared in G.I. Joe, Jem, Inhumanoids, had a cameo in the Joe movie cut, and might have been the news reporter from the TF episode, "A Prime Problem," though his hair was a different colour and he had the wrong voice actor.

Also in "A Prime Problem," the G.I. Joe character, Daina, of the Oktober Guard, appears (she's the Russian pilot attacked by Chumley who has her plane stolen). Her "Oktober Guard" callsign is indeed spoken aloud in the episode (it's no coincidence that this episode was the only pre-movie TF ep written by prolific G.I. Joe writer, Buzz Dixon).

In the G.I. Joe episode, "My Brother's Keeper," Prowl (or perhaps Bluestreak) appears on a television screen. Furthermore, the story of the episode centres on COBRA's attempts to get control of the Voltronic Galaxer - the communications-disrupting mcguffin from the TF episode, "Blaster Blues."

Wreck-Gar shouts "Yo Joe!" in the TF episode, "The Dweller in the Depths."

In the TF episodes, "Five Faces of Darkness," we are introduced to Marissa Faireborn. Her father subsequently makes an appearance in "The Killing Jar" (actually, a Quintessons hologram of him, but still) - he is G.I. Joe's Flint, voiced by his original actor, Bill Ratner, further substantiated by the fact that Flint's real name is Dasheille Faireborn.

Most famously, Cobra Commander - under the alias of "Old Snake" - appears in the TF episode, "Only Human," still wearing his famous silver mask and still voiced by Chris Latta. He transfers the minds of four Autobots into synthetic bodies called "Synthoids," which previously appeared in the G.I. Joe story, "The Synthoid Conspiracy."

The Inhumanoid, D'Compose, appears on a TV screen in the Jem episode, "Broadway Magic."

Inhumanoids features a minor character, a fighter pilot code-named Sabre Jet, whose real name is Brad J. Armbruster. This is the real name of G.I. Joe fighter pilot Ace, although whether they're intended to be the same guy or not is open to interpretation - SabreJet got paralysed and given Earth Corps armour.

The C.O.P.S. character Checkpoint is the son of " a member of a top- secret military team in the 80's and 90's" - given that his real name is "Wayne R. Sneeden III", his father can easily be identified as G.I. Joe's Beach-head, who shares the name.

A slightly more tenuous connection exists between the G.I. Joe story, "The Primordial Plot," and the TF story, "Dinobot Island." In the former, Cobra populates an island with cloned dinosaurs, which are left to live on it at the story's end. In "Dinobot Island," the Transformers find an island full of dinosaurs. Comparing images from the two episodes, they islands DO look identical from the air, and both episodes were written by Don Glut, but the dinosaurs being modern clones, and hence not a result of any kind of chronal anomaly, does not fit with "Dinobot Island," where the island is implied to have always been that way, and that altering it disrupt the flow of time.

Buzz Dixon noted that, for a humorous scene in "My Little Pony: The Movie," he suggested that some of the Ponies briefly encounter Transformers and Joes. Specifically, he envisioned a scene in which a pony flew up to Shipwreck, who was drinking at the time, and after it departed, he tossed the bottle away and put his hand on his heart, in a "never again" swear. Hasbro didn't go for it.

There, I think I got 'em all.

18. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It's Takara's Headmasters series only I believe, but there's also the tie-in with the Battle Beasts. Also, and I can't vouch for this, but Professor Smooth over at Transfans has a rumor about a Transformers/My Little Pony cross over. Ack!

http://www.transfans.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4604

19. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    That reminds me of one I missed, added it above.

20. DrGrim

DrGrim OBEY

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Cybertron came to it's second age of "magic"?