G1 cartoon music...will it ever be released?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by KMITB, Jul 31, 2006.

1. KMITB

KMITB The dub voice of Prime

News Credits:
    There were rumors a while ago about the music being released. Has anyone heard if this is still a possibility? There is a treasure trove of music that needs to see the light of day!

Peace,
    K

2. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    What music? That noise that was played during episodes, like the generic sounding 80's inspired guitar riffs? Man, if that crap were to come out I would not be buying it.

Now, if there were some LICENSED real songs from the TV series I'd get that, or if you mean the animated movie, the soundtrack has been out on CD for ages. Some of the songs from the animated movie's soundtrack are pretty good.

3. Thundercracker

Thundercracker Contemptuous

I thought the background music to the G1 cartoon was pretty awesome myself. Sounded like a lot went into it.

4. My03Tundra

Ebay:
    Ehh... most of it sounded... generic in the animated series. Now, the movie, had some cool licensed music and I liked it. Stan Bush is the epitome of 80s music, and his sound hasn't changed much. You can still here a bit of his sound from the movie soundtrack in his latest CD. I know, because I bought some of the tracks... :-D

5. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    G1 and also GI Joe background music had some wonderful orchestras mixed with electric guitar and keyboarding here and there. I would love to get my hands on a complete set of both.

6. My03Tundra

Ebay:
    Well, some of the instrumental music might be passable, but please not that generic guitar stuff. If a CD came out with that crap that Blaster played, and Jazz liked (even with my diverse tastes), I wouldn't get it. Now, since Nightrain mentioned the orchestral and instrumental music that wouldn't be too bad.

7. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    Agreed on the generic rock and dance stuff they would use for kids in nightclubs or whatever. Those were god awful.

8. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
  9. Autobus Prime

Autobus Prime Transit Former

TC:

I agree. Furthermore, the cartoon's music did an excellent job of staying in the background and setting the mood without becoming intrusive. The movie music was far less successful at this, as enjoyable as it may be when standing on its own.

10. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Yeah, I really wish the background music from the '84-'85 run of the series was officially released. By "officially," I mean "without fade-ins, fade-outs and missing chunks of music."

I've tried ripping some of the incidental music, similar to what's at the TFcog, and the truth remains - you can't unfade what's already set on the audio reels. It would be DIFFICULT (although not impossible) to reconstruct one of those songs from start to finish.

Additionally, the music cues from each one of those generalized background songs played into one another relatively well, making a lot of the background music interchangeable. Again, it'd be difficult to distinguish where one song begins and another ends and which loops have been cut into the background songs from other parts of the music.

11. KMITB

KMITB The dub voice of Prime

News Credits:
    The website for the composer of the music Robert J Walsh is...

screenmusic.com

I've tried to get some answers but no luck. If you feel as passionate as I do about these wonderful pieces of music...then we need to band together and let our voices be heard!!! It even says on the site that they plan on releasing the music...but the page hasn't been updated in at least 2 years! What do you say?

12. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

I love that music.

13. IACON

IACON "That's Vector Sigma?" TFW2005 Supporter

That music is great and I can't wait for the day it will be released on a CD

14. IACON

IACON "That's Vector Sigma?" TFW2005 Supporter

All I can say is:
    "Where do I sign up ?"

But I would like to say something:
    In the UK there is a company called 'Silvascreen'. They are experts in getting soundtracks out to the public. I think we should contact them.