G1-BW Voyager Golden Disc

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Deadend, Sep 21, 2008.

1. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    Okay, this has probably been discussed before, but I already forgot the general concensus answer to it.

The Voyager Golden Disc was on cybertron, with a message appended by G1 Megatron. Stolen by BW Megs and taken to the past. All that's pretty clear and obvious and we get BW that fills in the rest of its history. Now the real question...

When did G1 Megatron ever get his hands on the Voyager Probes Golden Disc?
    The probe was launched in the 70s, Megs didn't awake till the 80s. He then died, and was reformated to Galvatron in 2005.

So when was G1 Megatron ever capable of encoding a message on the voyager disc? And how did it get to cybertron and when? The probe itself didn't leave our galaxy till the 80s either, and considering space bridge use for travel instead of normal space travel throughout the 80s, that eliminates the potential of them finding it before it left our galaxy.

2. Bottom Out

Bottom Out Well-Known Member

the voyager is still inside our galaxy to this day..maybe you meant solar system?

but he could have had scouts who found it by mistake/accident and brought it back to megatron hoping he could decipher it or something. megatron doesnt have to be the actual one to find it

3. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:

Solar System yeah, but still.
    No scouts were that far out in space till after 2005 that I'm aware. And it was never brought up to Megatron himself ever.
    As I stated, most decepticon travel in S1-S2 was space bridge use. Barring the asteroid incident with Omega Supreme.

So again this leads the question of when did it reach megatron's possession? And reach the cybertronian possession it had in the theft? An artifact as potentially needed as that would have never left decepticon/predacon hands.

So then how did they come by it before 2005? As megatron would not have been around after that date to record a message?

I generally would assume some scout as well, but again that hits the issue of why would it leave decepticon/predacon hands ever?
    Heck, how did G1 megatron even learn of it? When it was launched with all its bells and whistles, he was napping hardcore still.

4. Sparky Prime

Sparky Prime Well-Known Member

As I recall, the BW episode showing G1 Megatron imprinting his message onto the disk showed the Voyager probe had just passed Saturn when he found it. Voyager 2 was near Saturn in 1981 and arrived at Uranus by 1986. So best guess is that Megatron found out about the probes while on Earth sometime during 1984 or 85 and quickly managed to track down Voyager 2 to put his message on it.

From there the probe would continue to travel until it was somehow discovered in the future by Cybertron.

5. Bottom Out

Bottom Out Well-Known Member

dont forget that you dont need a comic or cartoon or book for the events to have taken place

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Megatron built the Constructicons on Earth, used a machine to turn them evil on Cybertron, then had them build him on Cybertron millions of years ago.

Obviously he posesses some bizzare space/time warp thing that screws up how things were created. He probably built the disk in the 80's, lasered the message onto the disk, then had the humans build the Voyager and launch the disk in the 70's.

Or this. Sasser-frassen Sparky Prime and your sensical logic...

7. omegagoalie

omegagoalie Cybertronian Puckstopper

Ebay:

Best quote ever. I laughed so hard:lol 

8. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We EXIST!

News Credits:
    It was established by the episodes Sea Change, The God Gambit, and The Gambler that the Decepticons not only had business going on in other parts of the galaxy, but they were using Astrotrain to get there, not the spacebridge. Its not inconceivable that they passed the Voyager spacecraft at some point. Its also entirely possible, nay probable, since Soundwave did research on obscure things like the legends about an ancient crystal in Peru that he also researched human space programs in order to assess whether they posed a threat and/or were useful to the Decepticon cause. And of course he told Megatron anything he found advantageous.

--Moony

9. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    :lol 

Sorry, I was just reminded of this. :D 

10. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I remember the puppet space show Star Fleet used to constantly do my head in with misuse of scientific, technological and astronomical terms.

11. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    That was light years ago...

12. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    *head explodes*

And they were always running out of energy yet still had just enough for one final big blast. And when that failed they still had enough energy left for another final big blast.

Er, and on topic, maybe it was Straxatron that put the message on the Voyager disc. :p 

13. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    I also heard he managed to put his entire GI Joe and My Little Pony collection on there, because Golden Discs have a much higher compression ratio than Blu-Ray. <snicker>

My best guess like everyone elses. He went into space on Astrotrain or sent Laserbeak, found Voyager which he had already obtained knowledge of through archives, figured it would be a way for the Decepticons searching for him and his crew to take advantage of first strike since the Autobots hadn't had a way to reach to their leaders during that time other than by Space Bridge. The fact that the discs were located by the Predacons means that at some point Voyager was found orbiting Cybertron, probably during one of those quirky "were brining Cybertron to Earth" episodes, and its potential wasn't realized until BW Megs figured it out, thinking it was his right/heritage. Which considering BW Megs, would be just the right touch of egotistic megalomania for the written character.

14. Rodimus Primal

Rodimus Primal Well-Known Member

Since Megatron was implying that he was losing the war, I assumed that Galvatron became Megatron again somehow and then found the Golden Disc. This does make sense since the messege playing to Ravage seems to have a Megatron with a colored face(maybe G2).

15. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    Because the voyager space craft launch was faked until they could actually launch it in the 80s with megatron providing the free technology for the exploratory craft but the humans are tricked by voyager really being a death ray satelite powered by solar energy in space and guided by the golden disks program. Unfortunately the device is discovered when chip chase and huffer spot the saterlite after a study of the night sky. Teletran confirms decepticon technology aboard the voyager. And they send omega supreme, wheeljack, jazz, ironhide, grapple, trailbeaker, brawn and cliffjumper to go up and destroy it. But the decepticons use their M.A.S.S. device to teleport in on the voyagers signal. Megatron, the constucticons, skywarp, starscream and astrotrain defend the station from the autobots attack charging the death ray to vaporize the earth's oceans. until trailbreaker traps them in a force field and omega supreme hurls the disabled voyager craft into space.
    Megatron retreats when jazz plays his sonic radio and astrotrain carries them back to earth.

I love g1 seasons 1&2.