G1 Bruticus question

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Onslaught24, Jun 29, 2014.

1. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 GATTAI Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I was wondering what version of the G1 Combaticons are metal chested. Is it the Hasbro version or the Takara reissue? Some other version? I have Onslaught, Swindle, and Brawl with metal chests and another full Bruticus giftset all with plastic chests. I'm trying to complete my metal chested Combaticons since I've already started 'em.

Thanks in advance.

2. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I believe it was a running change that went into effect post-movie.

3. maz25

maz25 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Pretty sure this. I have all 5 with metal, and I believe they are all Has/Tak stamped. Brawl has metal treads.

4. HunGrrr

HunGrrr Walks with Ezekiel's older brother

This is essentially correct. The first runs all had metal chests (rear treads for Brawl), for Hasbro and Takara both. The later releases were all plastic.

The Takara reissue is plastic chested, and it keeps the modifications that were made too all of the Combaticons' weapons when they were re-released back in RiD.

I think (but I'm not positive) that all the Bruticus giftsets are the plastic version. Unfortunately, I'm a little hazy on non-US G1 variants.